Dutton Vocalion September 2022 Surround Sound SACDs (3)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Here it is, at last:

3 new releases
3 two-fers
10 albums
9 quads

DV22.jpg

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2CDSML8577
https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2CDSML8579
https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2CDLK4635
Streaming in quad on Apple Music:
(Tidal has several albums by all three artists in 360RA)

Last edited:
New Vocalion batch just announced!
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...n-september-2022-surround-sound-sacds-3.32846
From the vaults of Sony/CBS/RCA come ten albums across three Hybrid 2-SACD sets, representing the best in soul, country rock and Latin rock. Singer-songwriter Kris Kristofferson features with four of his classic albums, while two by Latin rockers Azteca – the only ones they ever made – demonstrate that this group were just as vital and exciting as their more famous Santana counterpart. Lastly, four irresistible albums by soul group The Friends of Distinction, recorded between 1969 and 1970, include their hits “Grazing in the Grass” and “Love or Let Me Be Lonely.”

Last edited:
thank you for the scoop haikubass -- Excellent news!!! 🎉🤩🥳

a real surprise, a bit shocked even by a very interesting selection and cross-section of Quads for Mr. Dutton's dramatic comeback! 💘😱💕

the Friends Of Distinction Quads are quite scarce having only ever been previously available on Q8 Quad 8-track tapes with no Quad vinyl option, really excited to hear those in superior sound to the 8-tracks!!

the Azteca Quad, mixed by Glen Kolotkin (Santana), is one of the absolute Classic textbook Quad mixes and one of the most engagingly 4-corner discrete CBS mixes of all-time! really fantastic choice 😍😍😍😍 (i don't really know the Stereo album as well so it will be cool to hear that in great quality too)

the Kris Kristofferson Quads are a real mixture of styles of Surround mixing and a few of the SQ LPs were never that great-sounding, so i'm hugely looking forward to the sonic upgrade that's bound to come from Dutton Vocalion's new mastering of the original master tapes 🤠😎

anyway.. ordered all 3 straight away and just had an email back from the Watford Wizkids to say they are on their way now!! hooray!! ❤️🥰❤️🥰❤️🥰

So, I was able to put Kris & Azteca in my cart. FOD tells me it's not available! I assume it's a temporary goof....
Use the link in Haikubass's post duttonvocalion.co.uk store: THE FRIENDS OF DISTINCTION • GRAZIN', REAL FRIENDS, HIGHLY DISTINCT, WHATEVER[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel] | SACD & Surround Sound | 2CDSML8577 | it will add to your Cart even from a separate Window.

The link from the Home page is broken - I've emailed to tell them.

So duly ordered the lot, not sure I'll like all the albums but who cares its Quad :SG

:sneaky: my spreadsheet tells me I've spent £2184.45 on music so far this year!

Just ordered:
[2CDSML8577]THE FRIENDS OF DISTINCTION ? GRAZIN', REAL FRIENDS, HIGHLY DISTINCT, WHATEVER[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]
1​
23.99​
[2CDLK4635]KRIS KRISTOFFERSON ? THE SILVER TONGUED DEVIL AND I, BORDER LORD, JESUS WAS A CAPRICORN, SPOOKY LADY'S SIDESHOW[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]
1​
23.99​
[2CDSML8579]AZTECA ? AZTECA PYRAMID OF THE MOON[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]
1​

:)

Use the link in Haikubass's post duttonvocalion.co.uk store: THE FRIENDS OF DISTINCTION • GRAZIN', REAL FRIENDS, HIGHLY DISTINCT, WHATEVER[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel] | SACD & Surround Sound | 2CDSML8577 | it will add to your Cart even from a separate Window.

The link from the Home page is broken - I've emailed to tell them.

So duly ordered the lot, not sure I'll like all the albums but who cares its Quad :SG

:sneaky: my spreadsheet tells me I've spent £2184.45 on music so far this year!
Better that Dunc, than decorative garden 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♀️. I ordered the whole kit/caboodle, likewise! GREAT selections.

RIP Wallet, you served me well...
I ordered the 3 newbies which consist of 9 QUAD albums and 1 stereo...and added three of Dutton Epoch's Classical originals in multi~CH for a total of 13 albums and even with priority s/h, the breakdown is $11.19 for each album including s/h.....

A Phenomenol deal in this day and age.

Thanks a BUNCH, Michael!

I don't know Azteca but the description of their music sounds like fun. It will make the cut on the order.
Same for The Friends Of Distinction. I have never heard of them but I am listening to Grazin' right now and diggin' it.
Better put in Tower Of Power and Blood, Sweat & Tears that I am delinquent on.

Isn't there a GOS Effect to the degree of always buy 6 that I should follow?

I don't know Azteca but the description of their music sounds like fun. It will make the cut on the order.
Same for The Friends Of Distinction. I have never heard of them but I am listening to Grazin' right now and diggin' it.
Better put in Tower Of Power and Blood, Sweat & Tears that I am delinquent on.

Isn't there a GOS Effect to the degree of always buy 6 that I should follow?
Oh shit, I only ordered 3. Damn, didn't follow my own rules. If they arrive broken........

Increments of 2!

Back