Recommended Music YouTube 3.0: Clips You Might Get A Kick Out Of

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digital Dust (and hey. just happen to have $75K for ya!)
* my question Rick is, if you hadn't gone to visit your Record Label Rep buddy, would you have ever seen that check :unsure: ?

That was an excellent episode. Really liked Muddy Magnolia’s sound and it’s a shame most modern day record execs wouldn’t recognize a good song if it hit them in the ass!

Very good point you raise, Pup. Would Rick have ever been payed had he not made contact? Would they have payed more than $75K?

This interview is really interesting regarding the rift between Michael and Rudolph... I had no idea Michael played on the Scorpions "Lovedrive" album and wrote two of the best songs on it!

Rick Beato on Guthrie Govan

*I felt the improvising he did on the Albert King song was actually too many notes for that style of blues, just a personal preference maybe but yeah, tooooo manny notes. The Robben Ford example was much better IMO. But he is brilliant. I'm thinking maybe Steve Vai or Steve Morse has that level of chops also.

and his song Fives was on this wonderful Monster Music surround title by Lee Ritenour (grab it!... if you can find one!)
https://www.discogs.com/release/8627476-Lee-Ritenour-6-String-Theory
He can also be seen/heard with Hans Zimmer on this concert Blu-ray (although he was mixed too far back for my tastes on that show.)
https://www.discogs.com/release/11113171-Hans-Zimmer-Live-In-Prague

That was pretty friggin' impressive! I have never heard of this stringed group before but Wiki has:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_(band)
And it looks like a few more good ones on YT. They kinda hit that pop/rock/classical hole that Mannheim Steamroller did. At least this song.
Early on the 2000s, I listened to an on-line classical channel called beethoven.com. They’re out of business now (never once heard a national ad), but they would occasionally play some cutting edge pieces, including Bond. I bought their CD “born,” but never actually saw a performance until recently. I knew they were easy on the eyes, but didn’t realize they had that much showmanship.

Waiting on a DVD of a performance at Albert Hall.

Don't know how many times I have posted this but it ALWAYS lifts my spirit and am left in awe about what genius Scott Bradley and the MGM Orchestra pulled off every time they recorded a score with the Foley work...
I LOVE it at about 4:55 when the string section starts going HAYWIRE, and of course , the climax is just incredible...SUCH GREAT STUFF!!!

Don't know how many times I have posted this but it ALWAYS lifts my spirit and am left in awe about what genius Scott Bradley and the MGM Orchestra pulled off every time they recorded a score with the Foley work...
I LOVE it at about 4:55 when the string section starts going HAYWIRE, and of course , the climax is just incredible...SUCH GREAT STUFF!!!

I don't know how many times you've posted about this. First time I've seen it. And I loved every second! Certainly including the performers expressions ranging from fierce concentration to big grins. And I am equally as surprised that it's a British performance. Somehow I always thought of T & J as strictly American phenomena.

Not quite as bombastic but equally captivating, may I also suggest The Cat Concerto. According to YT comments the original won an Oscar (but I don't know what category).

I don't know how many times you've posted about this. First time I've seen it. And I loved every second! Certainly including the performers expressions ranging from fierce concentration to big grins. And I am equally as surprised that it's a British performance. Somehow I always thought of T & J as strictly American phenomena.

Not quite as bombastic but equally captivating, may I also suggest The Cat Concerto. According to YT comments the original won an Oscar (but I don't know what category).

AWESOOOOOME!!!!
THank you sooo much!!!!
She is definitely a force of NATURE...remins me of Hiromi , who ALSO does an homage to the Tom and Jerry show...and she doesn't even LOOK at the piano while playing!!! (you ARE aware of her and a few of her MCH releases, right?)

Back