Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Los Angeles Forum - April 26, 1969 (Live)
Tidal - First single - (360RA) https://tidal.com/track/247243832

Intro was pretty immersive! Only so much you can do with a live recording from 1969 though I guess? Looking forward to the rest of the album when it’s fully released

Last edited:
Intro was pretty immersive! Only so much you can do with a live recording from 1969 though I guess? Looking forward to the rest of the album when it’s fully released
I guess this means Eddie Kramer is now mixing in Atmos! Can we expect a streaming-only Atmos update to Electric Ladyland?

Lorde - Pure Heroine
Tidal - https://tidal.com/album/207285990

Fantastic album with a fantastic Atmos mix! Done by Jan “Stan” Kybert (more evidence to suggest ‘Tattoo You’ is an upmix perhaps?)

Been around for a bit but just replaying. All I can say is it’s just really really good. I also like an album when the lyrics make me chuckle at certain points…

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but even if it has, it bears repeating. I was listening to the Apple streaming version of Alan Parsons' Eye in the Sky. It was playing at an incredibly low volume. I had to crank my receiver much louder than I ever would. When it got to the 7th track, "Psychobabble", the volume not only increased dramatically, but just about everything went to the rear left speaker and was incredibly distorted. I was worried that I might have damaged the speaker. It was that loud and unpleasant. Beware if you're streaming this one.

Aretha Franklin - 30 Greatest Hits
1280x1280-9.jpg

Tidal - Try the TIDAL Web Player Just 9 tracks although others have been made available before.
Apple Music - I can't find the relevant links - because of the ridiculous decision to group all the stereo and Atmos mixes 'as one'. 🥴

But for reference the tracks are thus. The Atmos versions should be be discoverable somewhere deep in the Apple Music jungle?

1. I'm in Love
2. (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
3. Dr. Feelgood (Love Is Serious Business)
4. Save Me
5. Share Your Love with Me
6. Eleanor Rigby
7. Spanish Harlem
8. The House That Jack Built
9. Wholy Holy

Aretha Franklin - 30 Greatest Hits
View attachment 83410

Tidal - Try the TIDAL Web Player Just 9 tracks although others have been made available before.
Apple Music - I can't find the relevant links - because of the ridiculous decision to group all the stereo and Atmos mixes 'as one'. 🥴

But for reference the tracks are thus. The Atmos versions should be be discoverable somewhere deep in the Apple Music jungle?

1. I'm in Love
2. (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
3. Dr. Feelgood (Love Is Serious Business)
4. Save Me
5. Share Your Love with Me
6. Eleanor Rigby
7. Spanish Harlem
8. The House That Jack Built
9. Wholy Holy
hope they're all the genuine article.. 🤞

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but even if it has, it bears repeating. I was listening to the Apple streaming version of Alan Parsons' Eye in the Sky. It was playing at an incredibly low volume. I had to crank my receiver much louder than I ever would. When it got to the 7th track, "Psychobabble", the volume not only increased dramatically, but just about everything went to the rear left speaker and was incredibly distorted. I was worried that I might have damaged the speaker. It was that loud and unpleasant. Beware if you're streaming this one.
Is it in Atmos?

Atmos tracks that are badly messed up on Apple/Tidal

Back