HiRez Poll Steely Dan - GAUCHO [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Steely Dan - GAUCHO

• Total voters
But perhaps you are correct in that all soundbars, “immersive” earbuds and “Echo studio” type devices will make “surround” as ubiquitous as stereo has been even if most of the devices don’t really deliver it and most of the consumers don’t understand it or care to.
That's my believe/hope.
I do avoid telling the Joe Sixpacks that Atmos soundbars and all are really crap, the more that have them and think they're great, the stronger the multich universe becomes. ;)

That's my believe/hope.
I do avoid telling the Joe Sixpacks that Atmos soundbars and all are really crap, the more that have them and think they're great, the stronger the multich universe becomes. ;)
That’s what I’m hoping too. And the more every new album comes out with an Atmos mix for streaming, the more likely that eventually becomes the industry standard.

I just hope these upmixes we are seeing eventually go the way of “stereo effect reprocessed from mono”. Or the upmix technology gets so good that I can’t really tell the difference or care much either. :).

That’s what I’m hoping too. And the more every new album comes out with an Atmos mix for streaming, the more likely that eventually becomes the industry standard.
True,
I hate to complain but I would like to see the streamers get away from the compressed Atmos they use and go lossless there too.. ;)

True,
I hate to complain but I would like to see the streamers get away from the compressed Atmos they use and go lossless there too.. ;)
How much bigger are such streams? Doesn’t this make it much more costly for them? Probably needs to be much more demand for the format first?

Back