Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I pre ordered the box set from Amazon. I also pre ordered the SACD from music direct. Box doesn’t release till October 7 and nothing from MD about the SACD. So I had to order the Blu Ray stand alone…..will be here today.

thanks for all the glowing reviews 🤬😛

Did anyone listen or tried to extract the music that runs during the main menu? It's in 5.1 and seems to run for 32 minutes. I'm still at minute 5 and it seems a collage done with sounds from Sheep. And it's fully discreet. Check this out!
Any idea how you would rip that in surround?
The only way I can imagine is by making an Iso-file of it, atleast that's the option for me, since I don't have a surround-system on my pc.

That's one of the reasons why I love surround music. With these old classic albums I've played them to death and know them so well, that I hardly ever play them nowadays. When they are released in surround though, the music opens up, with differences here and there, and I find myself falling in love with the albums all over again :LB :51QQ
I second that emotion!!!

Did anyone listen or tried to extract the music that runs during the main menu? It's in 5.1 and seems to run for 32 minutes. I'm still at minute 5 and it seems a collage done with sounds from Sheep. And it's fully discreet. Check this out!
Yes! This was a really cool addition to the Blu-Ray. I couldn't believe how long it went on (though I didn't think it was over 30 minutes!)

You should be able to use makemkv for that, it's freeware as far as I remember
Are you sure it ripps in surround?
When you ripp the bluray it's in surround, but this would be more like srcreen recording, just the sound..
I'm ripping it in stereo now, but it' seems to be 3 or 4 equal sequences, in other words, one sequence repeated until almost 33 minutes.

When you ripp the bluray it's in surround, but this would be more like srcreen recording, just the sound..
I'm ripping it in stereo now, but it' seems to be 3 or 4 equal sequences, in other words, one sequence repeated until almost 33 minutes.
This is what I do.
Listen/watch first hard disc. When menu pops up on your monitor take a picture so you see all the variations available, because can be confusing when you go to rip.
Use MKV to rip, note TruHD is the Atmos file.
Now your rip will be in the folder of your choice, I use Downloads.
Then use the next software called MMH (Music Media Helper), select very top convert MKV to chapters. On gapless recordings at least with my JRiver it will not play a MKV (video file) gapless, all other files it will.
After you have your files seperated if that is your choice, slide them all over to the player you are using, including the root MKV file if that is your choice.
So for ATMOS, in my JRiver case I will play HDMI out from PC to my pre/pro. It will play all gapless with graphics, etc.
Keep asking questions if you need more help.

This is what I do.
Listen/watch first hard disc. When menu pops up on your monitor take a picture so you see all the variations available, because can be confusing when you go to rip.
Use MKV to rip, note TruHD is the Atmos file.
Now your rip will be in the folder of your choice, I use Downloads.
Then use the next software called MMH (Music Media Helper), select very top convert MKV to chapters. On gapless recordings at least with my JRiver it will not play a MKV (video file) gapless, all other files it will.
After you have your files seperated if that is your choice, slide them all over to the player you are using, including the root MKV file if that is your choice.
So for ATMOS, in my JRiver case I will play HDMI out from PC to my pre/pro. It will play all gapless with graphics, etc.
Keep asking questions if you need more help.
Great, thank you!
I'll see if I can get it done.

You're right, it's the same loop that repeats every 4-5 minutes. Weird why they created such a long sequence

I listened to it last night. Guthrie did a great job. I like the visuals too. After hearing this, I wonder if he is tackling a 50th anniversary mix for DSOTM? It would be great to have a blu ray with the original quad mix, the 2003 mix and an 50th Anniversary Atmos Mix

You're right, it's the same loop that repeats every 4-5 minutes. Weird why they created such a long sequence
It seems like it's 5 equal loops mixed together so it's not repeating itself exactly,- interesting, but a bit disappointing.. 😜

Attachments

• Animals menu.jpg
    Animals menu.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 0
i see folks on about the wall in 5.1

Is this already in the works?

Is it a Guthrie adventure?

On Apple in Canada we still only have one sample track, and it is stereo

When will this be on Apple in 5.1 in the great white north?

Back