Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been tied up with other projects, hoping to get to it sometime this week, we move slow 'round here sometimes - sorry!
Fair enough, but don't convince yourself that you are facing a daunting lengthy "project" or anything like that, you aren't.
All you are doing is a 30 second or less download of the new .exe file, unzip the folder it downloads in, and another 30 seconds or less to launch your current version of the GUI, and point the Program field at the correct path to that newly downloaded .exe file.
You don't need to do anything else but that, it should take under 1 minute, and then you can use the same steps you ever would have to attempt a rip of that problem disc title.

Fair enough, but don't convince yourself that you are facing a daunting lengthy "project" or anything like that, you aren't.
All you are doing is a 30 second or less download of the new .exe file, unzip the folder it downloads in, and another 30 seconds or less to launch your current version of the GUI, and point the Program field at the correct path to that newly downloaded .exe file.
You don't need to do anything else but that, it should take under 1 minute, and then you can use the same steps you ever would have to attempt a rip of that problem disc title.
When I went to github, it said he would not compile it into an exe, so is there a link for the compiled version?
I haven't had a need to rip a SACD with my Oppo in ages, but you never know.

When I went to github, it said he would not compile it into an exe, so is there a link for the compiled version?
I haven't had a need to rip a SACD with my Oppo in ages, but you never know.
The link in Post #855 takes you to GitHub, at the very bottom of that page there are downloadable ready to use zip files for Windows, Mac, and Linux under "Assets", all you have to do is unzip the folder that is the result of that download.
Linux and Mac users need to take the extra step of making the file executable via a simple Terminal command, which is not required for Windows.

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me: I bought an used Sony bdp-s4100 to rip my SACDs. Unfortunately the autorip procedure doesn't work for me. According to the “SACD Auto-rip overview” I downloaded the A1neo script (sacd_extract_160) and followed the instructions. Unfortunately my player does not auto-open the tray although it does recognize the USB-Stick…

“The Quick Startup” option is turned ON, but I could't find the "Auto Disc Playback" option which should be turned OFF... Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me: I bought an used Sony bdp-s4100 to rip my SACDs. Unfortunately the autorip procedure doesn't work for me. According to the “SACD Auto-rip overview” I downloaded the A1neo script (sacd_extract_160) and followed the instructions. Unfortunately my player does not auto-open the tray although it does recognize the USB-Stick…

“The Quick Startup” option is turned ON, but I could't find the "Auto Disc Playback" option which should be turned OFF... Thanks in advance!
When you unzipped the A1neo download, did the enclosing folder called AutoScript survive?
The entire AutoScript folder is necessary, not just the folder's contents (3 files).
The USB stick should ideally be formatted NTFS, but FAT32 will also work. In either case that AutoScript folder must be on the USB stick's primary partition (if there is more than one), and the partition scheme must be Master Boot Record (MBR). You can't enclose the AutoScript folder inside of any other folder, it must be at the root of the USB stick.
Don't worry about the auto disc playback setting (aka auto start or auto resume), it only pertains to certain player models, primarily the Oppo and Oppo-based players.

When you unzipped the A1neo download, did the enclosing folder called AutoScript survive?
The entire AutoScript folder is necessary, not just the folder's contents (3 files).
The USB stick should ideally be formatted NTFS, but FAT32 will also work. In either case that AutoScript folder must be on the USB stick's primary partition (if there is more than one), and the partition scheme must be Master Boot Record (MBR). You can't enclose the AutoScript folder inside of any other folder, it must be at the root of the USB stick.
Don't worry about the auto disc playback setting (aka auto start or auto resume), it only pertains to certain player models, primarily the Oppo and Oppo-based players.
thank you very much, I copied just the folder's content... now it works!
the auto-rip-method is just awesome 😀

thank you very much, I copied just the folder's content... now it works!
the auto-rip-method is just awesome 😀
No problem, and if you have the GUI setup in its File mode, you can now extract DSF tracks from that ISO at warp speed, at least warp factor six, depending on how new/modern your CPU is.

I guess i dont understand how a sony blueray player can rip an sacd when it wont play sacd's. Am I missing something?
Which model won't? I have a BDP-S5100 that I purchased just for SACD ripping and it will play SACD's! That player only has HDMI output, if you set it's to output DSD it may not work with your TV or AV receiver. You might have to set it to PCM but then you lose any possible benefit of DSD.

Which model won't? I have a BDP-S5100 that I purchased just for SACD ripping and it will play SACD's! That player only has HDMI output, if you set it's to output DSD it may not work with your TV or AV receiver. You might have to set it to PCM but then you lose any possible benefit of DSD.
I just looked at my box for the Sony BDP-S590, and it doesn't refer to SACD anywhere on it. I have no Idea if it plays them, but it certainly rips them. I don't have it hooked up because I acquired an Oppo for ripping.

I just looked at my box for the Sony BDP-S590, and it doesn't refer to SACD anywhere on it. I have no Idea if it plays them, but it certainly rips them. I don't have it hooked up because I acquired an Oppo for ripping.
I just checked the manual and it also plays SACD! Below is a quote from the BDP-S590 operation manual.

x[DSD Output Mode] [On]: Outputs DSD signals from the HDMI OUT jack when playing a Super Audio CD. When [On] is selected, no signal is output from other jacks. [Off] : Outputs PCM signals from the HDMI OUT jack when playing a Super Audio CD.

I guess i dont understand how a sony blueray player can rip an sacd when it wont play sacd's.
It can't, in order to rip an SACD it must be able to play an SACD.

Am I missing something?
Yes, the list of compatible Blu-ray players. Not all Sony Blu-ray players are SACD compatible, but certain models manufactured between 2012 and 2018 are compatible with both playing and ripping SACD.

Well, I have a list of about 5 sony bdp players and will grab at least one off the list. Strange I see these all the time and have never seen an ID on them that says they play sacd. If I knew they played sacd I would have about a dozen of them . I have four of the pioneer Elite 47a's because they have the sacd logo on them and they were all about $10-$20 in thrift stores. Am I correct that even though my Oppo 95 has the firmware to play an sacd ISO, it wont rip the sacd and i need to get one of these sony players?

Back