Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a relatively new JT fan, I for one can’t wait to get my hands on this thing, I like what I’ve heard so far just from listening to the 2005 remaster. I really connected with ‘A’ when going through their catalog for the first time and really enjoy this period. Maybe it won’t be SW, but maybe Jakko could mix Crest of a Knave into 5.1? That would be very nice.

Now on the Broadsword boat. (mad laughter)
cosmo-kramer-laughing-kramer.gif

Sworn to secrecy. Surprise just for you QQ ☺️

🤫

For me Broadsword has always been a favorite JT release. On Broadsword, Ian Anderson perfected a balance between his interest in synth based progressive rock and the band's more acoustic, pastoral music. It's easily the best album from the "synth" period of the band. This time was also incredibly prolific, with the band recording enough additional material that it easily could have been a double album. As everyone has indicated, the upcoming Broadsword deluxe reissue will be huge in comparison to the previous reissues. Hopefully Steven Wilson will have re-mixed everything in surround. I, for one, can't wait.
:cool: I'd like to see a wish list of what is expected on a Broadsword deluxe.

Hoping theres plenty of bonus tracks, I can't imagine there wouldn't be. I'd love to hear Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow be one remixed, one of my top Tull tracks.

I think there were some lists posted on the SHF thread. Of course, there's no way for us to know songs that have never been released!
Thanks! Making sure I've caught everything. Don't want to miss anything. :D I'm very happy so far.

:cool: I'd like to see a wish list of what is expected on a Broadsword deluxe.

Wish to see this sentence in print on the last page:

“Jethro Tull’s Deluxe Series & continuing adventures in surround will be back this year with ‘Under Wraps’ & ‘Crest of a Knave’. Stay tuned!”.

Well at least “will return with ‘Crest’. 😬

Wish to see this sentence in print on the last page:

“Jethro Tull’s Deluxe Series & continuing adventures in surround will be back this year with ‘Under Wraps’ & ‘Crest of a Knave’. Stay tuned!”.

Well at least “will return with ‘Crest’. 😬
I have better up my sleeve. Maybe...:)

Read carefully, he is talking Warner only, not Sony. Recent Tull is on Sony. Think! :LOL:
79002-BT-TB.jpg

One for the good guys. CHEERS!

I think there were some lists posted on the SHF thread. Of course, there's no way for us to know songs that have never been released!
I don't think I'll get any trouble for saying beautiful unknown. Partially known but not discussed much.

Quad cheers!
images

Back