Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see it more about offering a choice. There will always be a market for people who want to buy big boxed sets that include demos, unreleased tracks, books, etc. My main interest is the surround sound re-mixes!

I do enjoy the surround mixes very much. In a recent interview, Giles Martin mentioned that they may end up releasing a blu-ray separately.
That's a whole other can of worms.
One the one hand, we will get what we want.
On the other hand, we are showing them we are willing to pay more for separate additional content.

Catch-22

Isn’t it simply amazing that the first take was the keeper? I think they peaked as a “ band” on Revolver, playing together at the same time on the floor of studio 2.

in terms of why there isn’t more outake material, Paul and Ringo are among the most famous, proud and revered musicians in rock music. I suspect that recordings that are sloppily played and/or mistake laden would be considered embarrassing by these guys.
I agree Revolver was their peak as a band. They were breaking a lot of new ground on this one and probably no other album has such an equally great and balanced contribution of songwriting John, Paul and George.

I do enjoy the surround mixes very much. In a recent interview, Giles Martin mentioned that they may end up releasing a blu-ray separately.
That's a whole other can of worms.
One the one hand, we will get what we want.
On the other hand, we are showing them we are willing to pay more for separate additional content.

Catch-22
Do you have a link to the article?

He is interviewed at the end of this podcast.
The first half is endless praise.

Cheers. 59m24s and following. Mystifying that he would claim there's no difference in "quality" between streaming Atmos and Atmos on Blu-Ray. Still, here's the money quote: "But I think what we're gonna do, since the kick-back--and I've had a lot of kick-back, and people writing angry letters towards me, even though I had nothing to do with it--I think we'll just release--at some point we'll probably release a high-res Blu-Ray...for the fans."

Last edited:
Cheers. 59m24s and following. Mystifying that he would claim there's no difference in "quality" between streaming Atmos and Atmos on Blu-Ray. Still, here's the money quote: "But I think what we're gonna do, since the kick-back--and I've had a lot of kick-back, and people writing angry letters towards me, even though I had nothing to do with it--I think we'll just release--at some point we'll probably release a high-res Blu-Ray...for the fans."
Can we get that in writing from Mr. Martin? 😂

...I've had a lot of kick-back, and people writing angry letters towards me, even though I had nothing to do with it...
Good job, angry fans. :rolleyes:

1663557821485.png

Ringo wants to know whatever happened to peace, love and understanding?

1663557670696.png

Considering how much a disappointment this box set has turned out to be, I wonder how low the price will ultimately get -

Not much effect on sales volume, if you scroll down.

If they actually do release a Blu-ray, they should send it out for free to anyone who has proof that they bought the 5 CD deluxe box. :mad:

There was a Q8 of Eric’s Sun Secrets album.
Yup, plus I guess The Animals heyday was a little early for Quad.

Well back to Revolver talk.
Praying they smarten-up and release that stand alone BD with the Atmos mix. Seems all the squeaky wheels might have had an impact, time will tell. Giles seemed just a tad irritated in that interview :)

Giles seemed just a tad irritated in that interview :)
Understandable if, as he kept claiming, it wasn't his decision to leave out the BDA. (Reading between the lines, I get the impression he thought that was a bad decision, and maybe one that went against his best advice.)

Yet even if the suits decided to overrule him initially, it's clear his opinion still means something--that he's not totally out of the decision-making loop. After all, he kept using the second-person plural pronoun: "After all the kick-back, I think what we'll probably do..."

Yet even if the suits decided to overrule him initially, it's clear his opinion still means something--that he's not totally out of the decision-making loop. After all, he kept using the second-person plural pronoun: "After all the kick-back, I think what we'll probably do..."
I noticed the same thing, hmmm 🤨

Back