Sonore SACD ripping with Oppo BDP-105D assist, now using Monterey MacOS.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naminanu

I've successfully ripped many dozens of my SACDs to DSF files using my Oppo Blu-Ray player and the old Sonore java script file (via USB thumb drive plugged in to the back), iso2dsd_gui.jar. It's been a couple years since I last successfully did this. Trying again today, but now using my iMac with MacOS 12.6, Monterey. But I can't get it going again. Nothing happens after I click Execute.

I'm quite sure I've got all the IP address stuff worked out fine, because I've tried it with and without manual IP Addresses, with and without an Internet connection (always wired, by the way, with WiFi turned off - and I even tried it with WiFi on too, but with a lower priority in the Networks Settings list). I tried with a DHCP server and without (meaning, I tried Link Local IP Addressing), with only my iMac and the Oppo directly connected, but nothing seems to be happening. Maybe I need to make myself a Crossover Ethernet cable for direct connect, but all the IPs appeared as I expected with the cables I have?

Maybe there's a trick using Monterey? Suggestion welcomed. THANKS! Have a great day.

I've successfully ripped many dozens of my SACDs to DSF files using my Oppo Blu-Ray player and the old Sonore java script file
ISO2DSD is actually a Java applet, and you really should update it to the more recent and enhanced SACDExtractGUI, though there is no great reason why ISO2DSD shouldn't still work too.

I'm quite sure I've got all the IP address stuff worked out fine, because I've tried it with and without manual IP Addresses, with and without an Internet connection (always wired, by the way, with WiFi turned off - and I even tried it with WiFi on too, but with a lower priority in the Networks Settings list).
Wired is of course the better/more stable connection, but either one works and neither requires any internet connection, this is a local process.

Maybe I need to make myself a Crossover Ethernet cable for direct connect, but all the IPs appeared as I expected with the cables I have?
Unnecessary, the network method still works on an Oppo player and a Mac running Monterey.

Maybe there's a trick using Monterey? Suggestion welcomed.
Perhaps, Apple have updated various security measures over time. If you go to your folder containing the ISO2DSD program files, and single-click the sacd_extract file, what does the information pane describe it as, a TextEdit file, or a Unix executable?

Back