Shhh! - Secret super speaker!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pioneer CS-G103 speaker owners manual (attachment) has a graph of the frequency response and graphs of the 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortion (other speakers I've bought don't have a graph of harmonic distortion), has the distortion of this new ES speaker been graphed?

Kirk Bayne

Attachments

• CSG103.pdf
    400.6 KB · Views: 0
My Pioneer CS-G103 speaker owners manual (attachment) has a graph of the frequency response and graphs of the 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortion (other speakers I've bought don't have a graph of harmonic distortion), has the distortion of this new ES speaker been graphed?

Kirk Bayne
Hi Kirk

I have not done the curves yet on this speaker, mainly because I have not built them yet!

I do have other examples of our other speakers curves of inferior stuff years ago:

Here is a distortion plot of the Nakamichi dragon we designed with the lower bass section turned down as far as I could (looking at the electro panel figure). As you can see its around 65 db down or around 0.06% distortion, not to shabby for a speaker:

1663735539208.png

Here is a 600 mm panel we did around 2007:

1663737208277.png

1663737310784.png

1663737423321.png

1663737508768.png

1663737638847.png

As you can see, they are not too shabby. Pity no one knew about us.

Attachments

• 1663736941523.png
    1663736941523.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
Yes but i would suggest ditching most of those useless speakers and go to 4 of our soon to be released 4 feet high Y speakers with the Y amp. Thats what i will upgrade my lower lounge to shortly....... And people dont care where they sit!
Hmm...at 4 feet, they will actually be 5 inches shorter than my AR9's. They would have more WAF than the AR9's and those enormous Martin Logans.

I have long been curious about class D amplifiers, wondering how they would sound. Some years ago I was thinking of taking an old receiver with a blown amplifier and replacing the amp with one of the class D amplifier boards available cheaply on eBay. My concern was that the amplifier might cause interference to the AM radio. Now with no local AM and distant stations only receivable in the car possible interface is not too much of a concern, but still wondering?

Happy Ho Ho

I have had a bit of time over our Australia extended Christmas/ new year period to catch up on the layout of the electronics board of each monster super electrostatic speaker. We cannot start the mechanical design until this is finalized and I just positioned all the stuff on it today!

This will form the base of the see through speaker. You will see two green lumps and a purple cross hatch lumps at the bottom of the boards and these are the whooping big transformers. The smaller of the green squares is about the size of my large fist.

1673070725141.png

And for shits and giggles I have attached a copy of the schematic pdf - not showing the 3 big transformers and missing 3 leds showing soft clip on each of the 3 x 450 W class D amplifiers (picking the right LEDS!). I figure if you can copy this - good effort!

Enjoy

Attachments

• Super Speaker.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back