Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you wondering about? They discontinued them (presumably due to poor sales). They never supported Atmos so not even sure what the relevance to this thread is.
Which, I’m sure could be commented on in a kinder way?

That's sad to hear. What did you dislike?

I've really being enjoying the new The Mars Volta album in stereo, but I haven't had a chance to try it in Atmos. It has great surround potential with many layers of keys and percussion.

I don't see any immersive mixer credits on Tidal.

https://tidal.com/album/245830044
I was commenting on the mix. Seems to all come from the front.

• Sad
Reactions: SMS
If I'm not mistaken, all the Enya Dolby Atmos has reverted back to stereo at this point including Dark Sky Island.
Ugh.

I know we all can agree -- it's fantastic that we have more surround/immersive than ever before and in just the past two-three years or so...

This is the worst part of streaming, Apple/Tidal/Amazon/Spotify/Content Providers can give and take away just as quickly.

Physical media was/is king, sadly, physical media is now all but vintage/legacy.

Mamoosh is a lo-fi pop project affiliated with Stefan Zaradic, the man behind Jazzmachine.
Some seriously good mixing right there.
Digging the vibes this project has. Did a cursory glance at the artist page, all of the music seems to have been released this year and ALL of it Atmos. A few other EPs under the name as well.

I just found Alice In Chains Facelift and Dirt in Atmos. Pretty sure this is brand new?

Most excellent find! And it gets even better as Man In The Box is everything I wanted him to be in Atmos (We Die Young not so much). It blows the mixes on the Music Bank DVD (or the best of SACD) right out of the muddy water.
Nothing on Tidal yet.

Last edited:
Most excellent find! And it gets even better as Man In The Box is everything I wanted him to be in Atmos (We Die Young not so much). It blows the mixes on the Music Bank DVD (or the best of SACD) right out of the muddy water.
Nothing on Tidal yet.
Yeah, Man In The Box was a trip, I actually liked We Die Young as well, sounded huge.

Apparently Nick Raskulinecz did the Atmos mix (he mentioned working on these during an interview on the Eddie Trunk Podcast, ep 311)

Back