Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any efforts underway to make the 5.1 and 4.0 mixes available as downloads as uncompressed FLAC files? I would be up for downloading both Aqualung and TAAB in that format. Mike Oldfield did that once for Tubular Bells so there is some precedent for this kind of approach. Yes, DTS 2496 is pretty good but sometimes you just want the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

It's ridiculous those release dates that keep changing every day. But here I can only think that some technical issue with the pressing of this product can explain why it has been pushed back to the end of the year.

It's ridiculous those release dates that keep changing every day. But here I can only think that some technical issue with the pressing of this product can explain why it has been pushed back to the end of the year.
pretty sure it'll be vinyl related, delays in pressing LPs have held up various corresponding boxsets lately

Are there any efforts underway to make the 5.1 and 4.0 mixes available as downloads as uncompressed FLAC files? I would be up for downloading both Aqualung and TAAB in that format. Mike Oldfield did that once for Tubular Bells so there is some precedent for this kind of approach. Yes, DTS 2496 is pretty good but sometimes you just want the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
i'd love that but i can't see it happening anytime soon.

tbh i'd be surprised if Steven Wilson's not been commissioned to do some Atmos mixes of Classic Jethro Tull material already.

pretty sure it'll be vinyl related, delays in pressing LPs have held up various corresponding boxsets lately
Well, I am waiting for the cd-DVD edition, so send me those and keep the lp on hold...
i agree with you, however the labels seemingly now prefer to issue these kinds of multi-format releases across various formats and configurations simultaneously.

Let the record show the 50th Anniversary LPs were pressed and shipped in June.
Nothing to do with delays of the 40th Anniversary re-issue Special Edition, which is still "cheap as chips."

Perhaps unanticipated overwhelming demand overloaded manufacturing capacity?
Or the despised Mew masterings slipped in, so the first run had to be buried in a landfill and re-pressed?

Let the record show the 50th Anniversary LPs were pressed and shipped in June.
Nothing to do with delays of the 40th Anniversary re-issue Special Edition, which is still "cheap as chips."

Perhaps unanticipated overwhelming demand overloaded manufacturing capacity?
Or the despised Mew masterings slipped in, so the first run had to be buried in a landfill and re-pressed?
OHMYGAWD..!! 🤯🥴😱
maybe somebody forgot to email the order to the DVD factory.. 🤭

Weird. I can’t see the Thick As A Brick 50th Anniversary CD/DVD package available at all from Amazon USA or ImportCD. Help!

Back