New Dolby Atmos Streaming Polls

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ads. It will be a free website but will require some funding through donations. Only signed up members can vote and create reports/download reports. Anyone can view.

Nice to see the pledges coming in. Looks like we’ll probably reach the goal to cover first year.

BTW: I completed the database design, so will get started on initial setup over next few days.

Last edited:
Hi All, just an FYI, I actually started to compile a list of Atmos releases that included both the Dolby Audio and Dolby Atmos streams, typically available on Apple Music. My goal was to provide the link to find the stream. I like this idea of expansion into a poll and comments form resource. Not sure if there is some expertise to manipulate what I already started. I am more of a blogger and not a coder. You can see what I started here. Immersive Streaming | Added - Hi-Res Edition

Hi.

What format is your list in? Excel would be great, but anything would be a good start.

Thank you.

I do not stream. I don't pay for anything I can't put on a shelf and play later.
I remember the time when the only way to listen to a surround release was holding the physical copy in my hands. Reviews here on QQ were immensely helpful, but having now the option to stream a title before ordering or preview several ’singles’ before the actual release date is priceless.

I'm aware that streaming can have a negative effect on the future of physical titles with spatial/immersive/surround mixes, but I believe this project could hopefully help the cause a bit.

Are the polls going to be for complete albums only or will singles be part of the mix?

Clearly adding individual tracks will increase the workload exponentially, so perhaps that should be avoided unless another desired benefit is a more comprehensive index / directory of available spatial audio music.

Are the polls going to be for complete albums only or will singles be part of the mix?

Clearly adding individual tracks will increase the workload exponentially, so perhaps that should be avoided unless another desired benefit is a more comprehensive index / directory of available spatial audio music.
I've been thinking about that as well. Obviously there are some great singles--and some truly awful ones (cough--WarnersFakeAtmos--cough)--that people would want to know about. But keeping track of them all would involve a ton of additional work.

Depending upon how much non-poll content it's possible to have on this site, maybe there could simply be a page or a section devoted to discussion of singles, with a living list/running tally of singles that are, by consensus, good, bad, or indifferent?

I envisioned only albums but there‘s nothing to stop singles from being added to the website.

The volunteer admins will have access rights to add any release. However we’d probably want to show a checkbox if it’s a ‘single’ or ‘EP’ etc.

EDIT: Thinking about this. It will show as text in the system:
Album
Single
EP
etc

The admins can freely enter a release type to describe (e.g ‘2 tracks only’ etc)

Last edited:
My son (who is a gun Software Development Manager at leading investment analyst) is setting up my Azure development portal for me. He’s done a lot of work on financial data served over the web to investment advisors.

So first piece of the puzzle down and I’ll be able to begin development work on the new website soon.

(As a side note he’s about to upgrade his 5.1 system to Atmos!)

My son (who is a gun a Software Development Manager at leading investment analyst) is setting up my Azure development portal for me. He’s done a lot of work on financial data served over the web to investment advisors.

So first piece of the puzzle down and I’ll be able to begin development work on the new website soon.

(As a side note he’s about to upgrade his 5.1 system to Atmos!)
Win-win!

+1
I would be happy to contribute / moderate if needed from the Eastern US time zone.

Did you consider having a “platform source” category to identify the platforms streaming the content? Apple, Tidal, …..

Greg

Back