Because Sound Matters (on-line DVD-A record store from Warner)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really caught me by surprise. Okay, FINALLY looks like they are paying attention to the site! They have moderated comments off (overdue, mine included) and put up some DVD-A.

I bought the Mark Knopfler DVD-A as I had all the rest. Paid full price, sales tax and shipping just to prove support. (cause I said I would)

I made sure to post the fact in a couple places and drop mention of PT - FOABP DVD-A on Sept 25th as well.

Would love to see the faces of the vinyl wingnuts who said we would not get DVD-A. Would love to see more DVD-A sales trample the vinyl sales too!

Well, despite what it says in their shipping policy, they do not ship to Canada. I just tried to place an order and it was refused, stating they do not
ship to Canada.

They also have the Barenaked Ladies "Everything To Everyone" set listed.

The prices appear to be full list but for an extra couple of bucks per title I will buy from them as a show of support. Hopefully they'll come through with more.

The only ones I already have are Jackson Browne and David Crosby so I'll be garbbing the Donald Fagen, Flaming Lips, Mark Knopfler and Barenaked Ladies (though not all at once...can't afford it right now).

I live in Canada too but luckliy have a US ship to (my neice in Seattle).

They also have the Barenaked Ladies "Everything To Everyone" set listed.

The prices appear to be full list but for an extra couple of bucks per title I will buy from them as a show of support. Hopefully they'll come through with more.

The only ones I already have are Jackson Browne and David Crosby so I'll be garbbing the Donald Fagen, Flaming Lips, Mark Knopfler and Barenaked Ladies (though not all at once...can't afford it right now).

I live in Canada too but luckliy have a US ship to (my neice in Seattle).

I encourage your enthusiasm Rang, but I don't go out of my way to buy from closed-minded dick-heads who refuse to ship to Canada. I used to, but why bother? If they don't want our business, then fuck 'em!

At what point did the marketing paradigm swing to the point where customers must jump through hoops to buy from sellers? Instead of finding ways to buy from them, we should send them the message that if they want to sell more stuff, then they should pull their heads out of their asses and just sell it to whomever wants to buy it!

What are we, the goddamn third world? As we speak, I am planning a business trip to Arkansas next week. Irony? :rolleyes: Mike.

Well I guess if they don't ship to Canada, then they won't ship to anywhere outside of the USA...which means asking your local shop to ask their local warner rep for obscure warner product from the USA ..good luck at that.....
So after waiting all this time ,you are still best to ignore them and instead contact USA Audiophile record /cd dealers/exporters...what a drag....:(

Got a reply already:

Thanks for this. I know it may seem so SLOW but we are forging ahead... Hope to have some real news soon!!!
I'll check on canada.

I responded that an Australian member would also like to know on shipping.

I just ordered the Mark Knofler disc. This one I had missed the first time around. Now, I noticed that when I went to fill in my information that you could pretty much select whatever country you happen to be in. So, what happens when you select Canada? Does it then tell you that they don't ship to Canada? If so, talk about yanking your chain! But of course Georgia is in the USA, (because we lost the war) and so I was able to make the purchase. I hope you Canadians get treated better than that. You Aussies too. Good Luck!

The Quadfather

Interesting that the Doors Box Set is available again.
I was under the impression that once they were gone, there were to be no more. Yet there it is - at full price.
Along with Flaming Lips, Fagen, Knopfler.
It's a start - but not enough. Still, at least it is something. Shame I already have the Lips, Fagen & The Doors.

Interesting that the Doors Box Set is available again. I was under the impression that once they were gone, there were to be no more. Yet there it is - at full price. Along with Flaming Lips, Fagen, Knopfler. It's a start - but not enough. Still, at least it is something. Shame I already have the Lips, Fagen & The Doors.

Well, when I see a NEW release ...

A new release or titles that are not readily available elsewhere would be something to shout about. I believe all of those titles are still available at the usual stores. Still, this is positive, it is something and that sure beats nothing.

Chris

gotta wonder about the wisdom of only offering existing titles that are still available elsewhere more cheaply. i worry that it will give them the excuse to say "well, we offered dvd-a's, but nobody wanted 'em". surely they must know that they really need to offer a few out-of-print and never-released titles before making any judgement, right?. hey, i'd love to support 'em, but i already have all those titles.

BSM: I know it may seem so SLOW but we are forging ahead... Hope to have some real news soon!!!

I recommended they had to, at minimum, get some existing DVD-A titles on the site to not lose the good will that DVD-A supporters like us have expressed. They did that in less than two weeks. I submitted a list of ELP, Chicago, Donald Fagen, etc as being most critical, so hopefully DVD-A fans will be able to fill in those holes at some reasonable price.

It's ONLY a start but miles ahead of where we were a month ago. They woke up to the fact that the site requires news, moderation and more titles to flourish. The existing DVD-A titles have only been up for 2 days; the last thing I want to see is posters swatting them down already.

The most constructive steps we can take over there at BSM are:
1. Purchase any DVD-A titles you don't already have
2. Post that you want to purchase DVD-A but you already have these titles.
3. Ask them when we can expect to see more!
4. Ask about new titles (I think these are months away)

Thanks

Interesting that the Doors Box Set is available again.
I was under the impression that once they were gone, there were to be no more. Yet there it is - at full price.
Along with Flaming Lips, Fagen, Knopfler.
It's a start - but not enough. Still, at least it is something. Shame I already have the Lips, Fagen & The Doors.

It may have been as simple as a dash across the building (Rhino??) to see what DVD-A titles there was a reasonable quantity of to market with right this minute.

They know that they need to connect the dots on new DVD-A titles....

FLASH!

BSM expands DVD-A selections today with another Mark Knopfler title as well as four Warner releases by R.E.M., bringing the total to 12 DVD-Audio titles.

Each is also a CD/DVD-A package....

Back