Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case no one already mentioned this, my Amazon preorder just got moved back to January 2023.

Are there any efforts underway to make the 5.1 and 4.0 mixes available as downloads as uncompressed FLAC files? I would be up for downloading both Aqualung and TAAB in that format. Mike Oldfield did that once for Tubular Bells so there is some precedent for this kind of approach. Yes, DTS 2496 is pretty good but sometimes you just want the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
There are claims made that DTS-HD MA, and the related DTS-HD, have lossless encoding as an option if the masters are. But you are right, sometimes we just want the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That is getting harder to find as we move along.

There are claims made that DTS-HD MA, and the related DTS-HD, have lossless encoding as an option if the masters are. But you are right, sometimes we just want the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That is getting harder to find as we move along.
DTS HD MA is in fact lossless. However, that is a BluRay standard and we are talking about DTS 24-96 which is a DVD phenomenon and is not lossless.

Just checked my Burning Shed order so still a month away?

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 8.08.08 pm.png

The Rhino Records website lists the release as January 20, 2023.
I preordered it from importcds back in July. I see this on their webpage now. So I guess we will have to wait some🤔..

Artist:Jethro Tull
Title:Thick As A Brick (40th Anniversary Special Edition)
Genre:Rock
Attributes:With DVD, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition
Release Date:1/20/2023
Label:Rhino / Parlophone
Number of Discs:2
Product Type:CD
Catalog #:461923
UPC:5099970461923

Shipping notice from Amazon Germany … excited .. but a little confused .. is this going to be released by Rhino in January in the US?
I assume these are the same Chrysalis versions as you can buy from Burning Shed but not get them shipped out until the new year, I did ask how many copies were reprinted, didn't know or couldn't tell me & whether other OOP will be reprinted, again didn't know but said this being reprinted is a good sign.

Back