STEVE HACKETT - GENESIS REVISITED LIVE - SECONDS OUT & MORE (Out in September 2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4443.JPG

Hackett in the House!:)

On my second viewing. Hackett and company are on 🔥 !!!!!! A FULL 227 minute Concert in stunning BD resolution and immersive DTS~HD MA 5.1. Too many highlights to enumerate. If you❤️ all things GENESIS, do NOT hesitate to add this 2 RBCD/BD~V set to your collection. And a veritable bargain at AmazonUS' $18 asking price. Comes in a sturdy digipack with plastic inserts.

Last edited:
Dazzling fun show! Played loud (had to skip Supper's Ready for time) and very enjoyable. Back home after two weeks and looking forward to another run through soon. Mix is more enjoyable than past shows and I buy them all. I bough the autographed version from Hackett's site.

Dazzling fun show! Played loud (had to skip Supper's Ready for time) and very enjoyable. Back home after two weeks and looking forward to another run through soon. Mix is more enjoyable than past shows and I buy them all. I bough the autographed version from Hackett's site.
So did I, I saw him in Bath a couple of weeks ago, good gig, long drive!

I watched it on my 27" monitor in my pc/audio room and of all Hackett's concerts on disc I like this one the best.
The thing is, I was never a big Genesis fan back in the day when he played with them. But his concerts are certainly well put together and he and his fellow musicians play at a very high level. Blundell did a great job on the drum kit, I thought.
Amanda Leyman - what can I say without sounding sexist but there's something definitely cool about a gal playing the guitar in such fine company. Good voice too.
This concert, or at least the one that made it to Blu Ray, shows the work put in by the musicians and audio folks (recording/mixing etc) to get it right.

(I like Hackett's outings with Djabe as well. )
Despite whatever I thought about Genesis in earlier days, I've become quite a fan of Hackett. If you are as well, don't pass this one up. Like @sjcorne said, Atmos would have been nice, but don't let that stifle your enjoyment.

I watched it on my 27" monitor in my pc/audio room and of all Hackett's concerts on disc I like this one the best.
The thing is, I was never a big Genesis fan back in the day when he played with them. But his concerts are certainly well put together and he and his fellow musicians play at a very high level. Blundell did a great job on the drum kit, I thought.
Amanda Leyman - what can I say without sounding sexist but there's something definitely cool about a gal playing the guitar in such fine company. Good voice too.
This concert, or at least the one that made it to Blu Ray, shows the work put in by the musicians and audio folks (recording/mixing etc) to get it right.

(I like Hackett's outings with Djabe as well. )
Despite whatever I thought about Genesis in earlier days, I've become quite a fan of Hackett. If you are as well, don't pass this one up. Like @sjcorne said, Atmos would have been nice, but don't let that stifle your enjoyment.
She is a very talented guitarist/vocalist and played with them when I saw them a couple of weeks ago. I only recently found out that she is Steve Hackett's wife's sister.

On that note, I will hold off purchasing this release, until the surround jury votes are in. :)
I've played this release all the way through x 3, it's really good.
The mix is excellent, especially for a live show.
The show itself is fantastic, my brother and I had tickets to go and see it last year but personal circumstances meant we had to cancel.
I can highly recommend this release to one and all.
And many thanks to all those QQ'rs who have already praised this little gem...your words were eagerly anticipated.

Order this with CD universe for a cheap price, but it's back ordered since September. 8 more days and it will be canceled. I should have bought it from amazon ca because at least they have it in stock.

She is a very talented guitarist/vocalist and played with them when I saw them a couple of weeks ago. I only recently found out that she is Steve Hackett's wife's sister.

Yes, his wonderful sister-in-law Amanda Lehmann, playing with them for more than a decade.

She always with her red guitar and her pimple on the right cheek of his face.
The best, her interpretation of "Shadow of the Hierophant" (Sally Oldfield put the voice in the original album theme). I prefer Amanda. :love:

I still miss Nick Beggs, for several years he is no longer with them. Also miss drummer Gary O'Toole. Craig Blundell is also good but he is more serious.

We saw them live at Madrid in 2017. My wife liked it and is still in love with Nad Sylvan (!)

This and some others Hackett "Genesis Revisited" Blu-rays are the only ones that my wife can stand for more than half an hour watching in the home theater.

Order this with CD universe for a cheap price, but it's back ordered since September. 8 more days and it will be canceled. I should have bought it from amazon ca because at least they have it in stock.
Now they have it in stock, but it was a long time coming. I preordered the CD/DVD set from Amazon.ca months ago, and they kept moving the September release date later and later. Finally, Amazon's "release date" was pushed to October 28. Then, as usual with my Amazon preorders, it didn't ship on the release date. It just sat there while the product page showed that I could order it and it would arrive the next day with Prime. Not sure why this happens, but it happens on a regular basis. This time, however, it actually worked out in my favour. I noticed they had a CD/Blu-ray version (they didn't have that one available when I originally preordered it), and it was cheaper than the DVD set!! I cancelled my DVD preorder, ordered the Blu-ray, and had it the next day.

I canceled my order with CD universe and order from Amazon for 12 $ more but got it yesterday. I am not a member of Prime but most of the times it goes fast with the standard shipping.

The surround mix of Hackett seconds out is better than expected, as good as what Roger King did in the studio releases of Hackett's solo. I prefer this one to the last Hackett live release made by Mr. Wilson.

The surround mix of Hackett seconds out is better than expected, as good as what Roger King did in the studio releases of Hackett's solo. I prefer this one to the last Hackett live release made by Mr. Wilson.

I was going to maybe skip this one as already have most SH albums and have 3 of his live bluray's and have the SW one which I have enjoyed as was also same concert I was fortunate to see live in Vancouver when SH came here in 2019.

HMMM, so what you are telling me is not to skip this one.
What is it that you prefer over SW mix?
Is it the song selection or do you actually prefer the surround mix.

I'm still convinced there was some kind of technical error with the SW one, it needs a massive bass cut to sound balanced on my system and Hackett's guitar is underrepresented in comparison to the stereo mix.

Back