Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trouble checking out on DV. I keep getting this. any hints or suggestions ?

Error processing transaction​

This transaction attempt has failed. We are unable to redirect you back to the web store from which you were purchasing. The details of the failure are given below.
Status Detail:5080 : Form transaction registration failed.
I had the same problem on my last order, I had to Paypal payment.

I’ll come clean…I have a modest county western collection, and the Mac Davis quads in this batch excite me the most.
its a strong batch this time. the Rock stuff is impeccably mastered, i was crying literal tears of joy last night at how incredibly beautiful the Reo Speedwagon stuff sounds, especially the 1975 album, some underappreciated Quad gems have been given a stunning new lease on life ❤️

oh and my advice to everyone would be to crank it all up!! 🤩

these discs sound better the louder and louder you play them!! 💘

that certainly wasn't the case with the 360RA streaming version of Free-For-All which was so loud i was reaching for the remote control within seconds! now you can whack it up and up and up, remarkable remastering.

Garfunkel, on the other hand, had no problem with quad, allowing his first two solo albums to get that treatment. If Paul relents, we'll hopefully not only get his solo albums on multichannel SACD's, but also the BOTW album, as well!
if Paul Simon were to get word of how beautifully sympathetically DV would remaster his music, i think he'd be all over it. how do we get the man's ear to try and convince him?

Well hopefully, Ricky, you woke up today with a mint on your pillow and an email indicating your DV order was SHIPPED!
Ralph, regarding @cbmmm3 , his name isn't Ricky. He is Steve Mariucci, former head coach of the Detroit Lions, spoofing us. He told me so. After the Lions fired him, he took up listening to quadraphonic sound as a past time, along with his buddy Rod Marinelli.

[Can I sell you a bridge?]

Last edited:
I never realized that Ted Nugent played guitar for The Amboy Dukes. Talk about a true early psychedelic prog song:

I like the Amboy Dukes version of the Them song "Baby Please Don't Go". Yes, it is because of Ted's guitar work.

I don't think I ever heard "Journey To The Center Of The Mind " in stereo before but WOW what a stereo presentation from the you tube track!

Last edited:
I like the Amboy Dukes version of the Them song "Baby Please Don't Go". Yes, it is because of Ted's guitar work.

I don't think I ever heard "Journey To The Center Of The Mind " in stereo before but WOW what a stereo presentation from the you tube track!
My appreciation for Nugent's work just went up quite a bit. So anyway, with this DV batch, I ordered:

Nugent
Mac Davis
REO
Friends Of Distinction
Kristofferson
BTO
Steve Mariucci's Greatest Hits ;)

That's 17 albums (16 in quad), all high-resolution for $150 including shipping. That's still only $8.82 an album...even after the price increase.

My appreciation for Nugent's work just went up quite a bit. So anyway, with this DV batch, I ordered:

Nugent
Mac Davis
REO
Friends Of Distinction
Kristofferson
BTO
Steve Mariucci's Greatest Hits ;)

That's 17 albums (16 in quad), all high-resolution for $150 including shipping. That's still only $8.82 an album...even after the price increase.
John, I'm assuming Steve Mariuccis's GH is FAKE QUAD?

Back