The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bills fumble the snap in their own end zone on a QB sneak play. That's what did it in. They had the game won if not for that play. This team has more creative ways to lose in the last minute than any other team I can think of.

But its not over. If they could get healthy on defense it would help a lot.

Always it's, "If they could get healthy." Like I said, it's a game of attrition. The Vikings are having one of those years where everything is going their way.

It was great to see Jerry World flame out in OT against the Pack...or any other team for that matter.

The Bills fumble the snap in their own end zone on a QB sneak play. That's what did it in. They had the game won if not for that play. This team has more creative ways to lose in the last minute than any other team I can think of.

If someone would have bet me in August that half-way through the season Miami would be atop the AFC east and Buffalo would be tied with the Jets, I would have lost a lot of money. You can't make this stuff up, chit just happens.

And regarding the "last minute", it's amazing how much does get decided in the final two minutes every week. The rules and clock management have been fine tuned over the last couple of decades to make a lot of games come down to the end.

Oh mon dieu !! Let me introduce you to the Detroit Lions. They 'wrote the book' on creative ways to lose. In fact - they are the gold standard for losing

Oh mon dieu !! Let me introduce you to the Detroit Lions. They 'wrote the book' on creative ways to lose. In fact - they are the gold standard for losing
Its not just losing. Its the way they lose.

Last year... The Hail Murry on the last play of the game
Divisional round in the playoffs against KC. The 13 second meltdown.
A fumble on the snap in your own end zone after you had a defensive stand at the goal line?

That's the stuff football curses are made of?

Bills are getting into a bad habit of choking. Up 14-3 on the Jets and lose. up 27-10 on the Vikings and lose. Josh Allen had been the best player in the league for the first half of the season. now he's gone from opportunistic daredevil to reckless daredevil. he's thrown some really bad interceptions in the last two games.

Bills are getting into a bad habit of choking. Up 14-3 on the Jets and lose. up 27-10 on the Vikings and lose. Josh Allen had been the best player in the league for the first half of the season. now he's gone from opportunistic daredevil to reckless daredevil. he's thrown some really bad interceptions in the last two games.
Tua is the best Passer, Allen is the best runner and Mahomes combines the two to make him the best QB this season.

Its not just losing. Its the way they lose.

Last year... The Hail Murry on the last play of the game
Divisional round in the playoffs against KC. The 13 second meltdown.
A fumble on the snap in your own end zone after you had a defensive stand at the goal line?

That's the stuff football curses are made of?
It started with the Scott Norwood missed field goal in 1990. (Sorry to bring that up, LMQ.) The Bills were the superior team and should have beaten the Phil Simms-less Giants. 47 yards is a relatively long field goal, but that kick was to win the Super Bowl, for goodness sake! So yeah, I think that the Bills are cursed. I will ask some of my friends who are Bills fans.

I agree. Compared to the Lions, even the Jets of years past are rank amateurs at coming up with creative ways to lose. Perhaps "The Butt Fumble" is the only Jet incident that actually comes to mind as a competitive entry.

But it also helped that Belichick and the Pats lucked out by landing a QB named Brady...
Bill B.jpg

Back