Bill Nelson’s Red Noise: Art/Empire/Industry – The Complete Red Noise Box Set (5.1 surround mix of "Sound on Sound")

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased mine from ImportCDs, and first contacted them to arrange a return, but once I saw (in this thread and elsewhere) wider reports of problems, I assumed a replacement would have the same issues and held on to the set. I then reached out to both Cherry Red and Esoteric to report the problem and ask about replacement discs. I'm not sure which of them acted on my email, but assume they coordinated their response; it was Cherry Red that got back to me and offered the replacements once I sent proof-of-purchase (as mentioned earlier in this thread).

Do you have the details of who you contacted? I would very much appreciate it if you shared that info with us here.

Do you have the details of who you contacted? I would very much appreciate it if you shared that info with us here.
Thought I had listed those details earlier. To recap:
  • First wrote to Cherry Red mail-order ([email protected]). Got no reply at first.
  • Then wrote to Esoteric ([email protected]). Got a quick reply acknowledging the problem, and saying they'd contact Cherry Red to followup.
  • Finally got a reply from Cherry Red (address above) asking for proof-of-purchase, which I sent.
Hope that helps.

I need to contact Cherry Red. Things started out well with Esoteric but crickets recently, meanwhile people I know who contacted CR already have their replacement discs

Someone asked me for the matrix/runout numbers on my replacement discs; thought I'd share my answer here as well. They seem to match the numbers currently listed on Discogs:

Disc 4:
  • Matrix / Runout (Disc 4): 2100010609137
  • Mastering SID Code (Disc 4): IFPI LK97
Disc 5
  • Matrix / Runout (Disc 5): 2100010609168
  • Matrix / Runout (Disc 5): IFPI LK98
Both also have a link to Key Production (www.keyproduction.co.uk).

I don't remember if they are the same numbers as on the original (defective) pressings. (I'm not near my discard pile at the moment).

Thought I had listed those details earlier. To recap:
  • First wrote to Cherry Red mail-order ([email protected]). Got no reply at first.
  • Then wrote to Esoteric ([email protected]). Got a quick reply acknowledging the problem, and saying they'd contact Cherry Red to followup.
  • Finally got a reply from Cherry Red (address above) asking for proof-of-purchase, which I sent.
Hope that helps.
Thank you. Much appreciated. And extra thanks for reposting. Emailing Cherry Red with my proof of purchase right now. :D

Last edited:
I emailed the Cheey Red address last weekend and attached a copy of my shipping receipt from import cds. When I got up Monday morning I had an email waiting saying the replacement disc was going in the mail. Seems like they’re making good pretty promptly

Reactions: PK
Same, this has come in less than a day:

Thank you for your e-mail. We will send the replacements in today’s post.
Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards
Chris
Cherry Red Records

Reactions: PK
Yeah, same here.
Initially contacted Esoteric but that seemed to have stalled.
E-mailed Cherry Red, the discs were mailed out in under 24 hours.

I cant seem to find a problem with my set. What disc number is the problem ? and what is the specific problem ? Im either lucky or dumb. Most tell me its the latter.

I received a package from Cherry Red today - new copies of both DVD's disk 4 and disk 5. Will crank them up this weekend.

I cant seem to find a problem with my set. What disc number is the problem ? and what is the specific problem ? Im either lucky or dumb. Most tell me its the latter.
The problem is with both DVDs--they make a loud vibrational racket when spun up in a player. (I'm assuming it's because they were manufactured off-center.) It's very possible that your set doesn't have this problem, but it's easy enough to notice once you try to play them.

I received an email this morning that Cherry Red is sending me replacement disc. Thanks QQ for posting info about replacement discs.

The problem is with both DVDs--they make a loud vibrational racket when spun up in a player. (I'm assuming it's because they were manufactured off-center.) It's very possible that your set doesn't have this problem, but it's easy enough to notice once you try to play them.

thank you for the info. I appreciate it

My replacement discs arrived tonight. All sorted and lovely. Off to the poll to vote, now that I feel I can. :)

Back