2022 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Rick Wakeman’s upcoming album will have a surround option:

A Gallery of the Imagination

“Surround Sound by Simon Heyworth”
It sure does, thank you and added to the list!

Also from the CD+DVD edition description:
"All the mastering and surround sound elements were created by legendary producer / mastering engineer - Simon Heyworth."
And the DVD disc seems to be sporting a DVD-Audio logo...
1669337036868.png

Well, it is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive, and when you're targeting a small demographic, you put out what you can afford.
A couple of months ago I purchased a 50 disc spindle of 25GB Verbatim BD-R discs. Agreed they cost twice as much as the 4.7GB Verbatim DVD-R discs but the 8.5GB dual layer discs cost about the same!

Either way, it's way easier to create/author 'very basic' Blu-ray audio discs compared to DVD-Audio discs, using good old fashioned LPCM audio right up-to 192/24...

For anyone interested, a typical 45 minute 5.1 channel LPCM audio stream encoded at 192/24 comes in at around 8.5GB. And a more standard 96/24 audio stream comes in at around 4.3GB. Not including video and container over-head...

Just read about this October release in the December issue of Mix magazine: veteran Italian flugelhornist Franco Ambrosetti leading an all-star quintet (with Uri Caine, John Scofield, Scott Colley, and Peter Erskine) playing in front of a big band arranged & conducted by Alan Broadbent. Production by Jeff Levenson, 5.1 mix by Jim Anderson & Ulrike Schwartz. This should be really good! (And I guess it means the enja label has been revived yet again? And they're putting out SACDs now? Go figure!) Page 28:
https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/mix552.digital_december_2022?fr=sNWQ3NTU0NTA5NTAhttps://www.jazzwax.com/2022/10/franco-ambrosetti-nora.html

I can only say to the QQ surround community that this a demo mix....

I'm into my third run through...and it won't be the last, not by a long shot.

Poll listing please!!

It is his best to date.
I'm sitting open mouthed at the fantastic, expertise on show here.
Ayreon is a true genius.

If it ain't in your wish list I would hurry up and make it so.
This is truly a humdinger.

The Wakeman DVD physical release is in 2023 as is the VdGG....we need a new 2023 thread as its already looking like we'll get some great stuff!
Definitely.

But before I start one, I'd like to make sure there's no more releases (downloads, probably) coming up in 2022 and another @rtbluray's invincible Looking forward to thread is up.

Anyway, let's do a little preview here:
2023small.jpg

I can only say to the QQ surround community that this a demo mix....

I'm into my third run through...and it won't be the last, not by a long shot.

Poll listing please!!

It is his best to date.
I'm sitting open mouthed at the fantastic, expertise on show here.
Ayreon is a true genius.

If it ain't in your wish list I would hurry up and make it so.
This is truly a humdinger.
I'm still waiting for mine, I messaged Mascot and days later got a reply saying it was being handled by Sandbag in the UK, so I've just messaged them, lets see what happens. It's disheartening watching Ayreons pages on Facebook, people all around the world getting theirs and saying how good it is while I wait.

Definitely.

But before I start one, I'd like to make sure there's no more releases (downloads, probably) coming up in 2022 and another @rtbluray's invincible Looking forward to thread is up.

Anyway, let's do a little preview here:
View attachment 85630

And here we are: Looking forward to 2023!
(As mentioned in the thread, this is just a rundown currently of anticipated classic album remixes and reissues, with another rundown of anticipated new album releases to follow.)

:)

Back