Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Media Helper 6.2.7 Released

Version 6.3.7 (November 12 2022)
-------------
New:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added support for FLAC & WAV input files (to convert to MLP, FLAC to WAV, WAV to FLAC etc) - new
You're a champion. I'll give it a workout tomorrow.

Just a heads up: The MLP conversion in MMH uses ffmpeg and is limited to 8 channels. You can’t create an Atmos mlp, it’s just TrueHD. To encode to Atmos mlp users will need an official Dolby Encoder (and optionally use the MMH Atmos Helper tool in MMH).

Just a heads up: The MLP conversion in MMH uses ffmpeg and is limited to 8 channels. You can’t create an Atmos mlp, it’s just TrueHD. To encode to Atmos mlp users will need an official Dolby Encoder (and optionally use the MMH Atmos Helper tool in MMH).
Do you know what MKV Cleaver uses to extract a .truehd file from an Atmos MKV? Is there any way you could replicate that with the option of changing the extension to .mlp after the conversion is completed?

-------------
New:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added support for FLAC & WAV input files (to convert to MLP, FLAC to WAV, WAV to FLAC etc) - new
Something break? This time the message for the downloaded installer indicated the correct download folder, but the installer was not there.

Something break? This time the message for the downloaded installer indicated the correct download folder, but the installer was not there.

Just downloading now to check. Its extremely slow today, maybe it times out? (I just increased the timeout by 33% for next release)

You can download direct from the link in first post here, then manually run the msi installer (with MMH closed)

Just use the link in the first post. Garry always keeps it updated and it works every time. The one that says "MMH installer - Direct link:"

I wanted to point out, that I do actually move the download folder to the J: drive, it's not an arbitrary naming scheme on my part. I do the same with my Documents folder as well, not a fan of clutter on the OS drive. Not sure if this helps or not. But as I said, as long as you provide a direct link, it's no prob, just trying to make you aware of what's happening. No worries my friend.

Do you know what MKV Cleaver uses to extract a .truehd file from an Atmos MKV? Is there any way you could replicate that with the option of changing the extension to .mlp after the conversion is completed?

I don’t know what MKV Cleaver uses but ffmpeg can extract to .truehd, that’s one of the tools used by MMH.

MMHs Extract Audio from MKV had an option to output .TrueHD a little while back but I replaced it with the mlp conversion. Maybe it was 6.3.3 or 6.3.4?

-------------
New:
Garry, I can report that converting from FLAC and WAV to mlp is working for me just fine. Tried with stereo and multichannel and both are good. The resulting files load perfectly into DiscWelder Chrome.

Nice program!

It'd be helpful if the Join MKV feature also supported scanning for MP4 files when importing using the "Add from Sub Folders" button. Right now it will only pick up .mkv files. You can manually add mp4 files using the "Add Files" button, but that's one-folder-at-a-time.

Meanwhile I've used the voidtools Everything program and it's Advanced Rename functions to bulk-rename the mp4 files to mkv.

It'd be helpful if the Join MKV feature also supported scanning for MP4 files when importing using the "Add from Sub Folders" button.

Welcome to QQ. Apologies for my late reply. I missed your post.

I’ll add your request to my list. It should be easy to implement.

Need some help please: I have a bunch of DTS CDs that I want to rip and convert to flac (or is it just putting the DTS track in a flac container? not well versed in the technical details) which I have done using Foobar2000's DTS decoder, and the files are 24/48, 5.1 flac files that playback fine through VLC or Foobar but the flac files don't show up in my Plex server.

I read somewhere in this thread I think that MMH can convert the DTS track on a DTS CD to PCM which may possibly solve the issue if it converting the DTS track to PCM and not just putting the DTS track in a flac container. Couldn't find that feature/option in MMH though. Is it an older feature (the posts on this were from 2020) that are gone now or I'm not looking in the right place?

If you can play DTS you can rip to DTS wav directly from the CD's. (I highly recommend Exact Audio Copy (free). If you want to decode them and convert to flac the process is DTS > PCM > FLAC.
Foobar should be able to convert to flac but it's been years since I ripped any DTS-CDs.
Only thing you gain converting to flac is if that is easier for you to play.
You can't put dts in a flac container because flac is not a container. (I believe that's right, if not someone I'm sure will tell me) A container format would be matroska ones, e.g. mkv/mp4 etc.

Plex doesn't recognize flac??

Last edited:
Need some help please: I have a bunch of DTS CDs that I want to rip and convert to flac (or is it just putting the DTS track in a flac container? not well versed in the technical details) which I have done using Foobar2000's DTS decoder, and the files are 24/48, 5.1 flac files that playback fine through VLC or Foobar but the flac files don't show up in my Plex server.

I read somewhere in this thread I think that MMH can convert the DTS track on a DTS CD to PCM which may possibly solve the issue if it converting the DTS track to PCM and not just putting the DTS track in a flac container. Couldn't find that feature/option in MMH though. Is it an older feature (the posts on this were from 2020) that are gone now or I'm not looking in the right place?
It is under remix channel layout, last option (top right). If you didn't use Audiomuxer in the original ripping process, I don't believe it will work for your usage.

Music Media Helper 6.2.8 Released

Version 6.3.8 (November 26 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: DDP encodes now always creates a .ec3 encoded file
Atmos Helper tool: Output (encoded) files are now tagged if source contains tags (tags are copied) - new
Resample tool: Resampling with 'Overwrite' option failed to rename converted file to original file name - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Converting MKVs may fail - fixed (6.3.3 regression - bug finally squashed!)
Extract Audio from MKV tool: M4A conversions now copy tags to output wavs
Updated MKVToolnix to 72.0

Back