Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been ordering a couple of discs at a time when picking up a 7" mini LP SACD edition. Although, at this point I am nearing the bottom of extras to add. I also have shared costs with another collector to reduce shipping costs by ordering the SACD copies for both of us. In other words, just ordering a single SACD with shipping costs to the USA just doesn't add up for me.

My order also shows "In Shipping Process" for Santana III and Caravanserai.

I don't know what other sites may have III (since it was never listed at ImportCD, Amazon, etc.) but CDJapan shows only two copies remain in stock.

My order also shows "In Shipping Process" for Santana III and Caravanserai.

I don't know what other sites may have III (since it was never listed at ImportCD, Amazon, etc.) but CDJapan shows only two copies remain in stock.
I guess it's only two copies left for Santana III, I can see no restrictions yet for Caravanserai. However, Santana and Buddy Miles Live also shows 2 copies left and it's gone from Amazon.
I wanted to wait until Amazon listed it, but I'm starting to lose hope

My order also says In Shipping Process. I included the Santana/Buddy Miles SACD with Caravanserai, even though I already had D-V's. Just in case there's some difference in how they were mixed but mainly to help spread shipping cost. I couldn't see double-dipping for Toto IV. The original Sony 5.1 SACD of Toto is perfectly fine to me. But anything with Carlos, that's different ;) Some of us have been waiting for the quad SACD of Caravanserai for a pretty long time & now almost reality!!

Last edited:
Mine says estimated by Monday Dec 5 which isn’t too bad for Canada. Ordered Caravanserai along with the debut and III, looks like I got lucky and was able to get one before III sold out completely.

Mine still says In Shipping Process. The other SACD on the order, Santana /Buddy Miles is available from supplier and "usually ships in 2-4 days" so that may be why the combined order hasn't shipped already. At least it should ship soon. I'll keep checking. I also used Fedex Priority; next time I'll use DHL. Sounds like they're being great on communicating status & ETA.

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, DHL says I'll get it then. Tired of looking at/listening to US SQ released in a single sleeve & Q8. A great album and a nice, active mix.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but eagerly awaiting Quad SACD's Love, Devotion w/McLaughlin and Welcome. 2 of my most loved Santanas! Very active mixes, as well. Still have my Quads. Welcome has white/gold script custom SQ label, gatefold, embossed cover and US OBI.

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, DHL says I'll get it then. Tired of looking at/listening to US SQ released in a single sleeve & Q8. A great album and a nice, active mix.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but eagerly awaiting Quad SACD's Love, Devotion w/McLaughlin and Welcome. 2 of my most loved Santanas! Very active mixes, as well. Still have my Quads. Welcome has white/gold script custom SQ label, gatefold, and US OBI.
Love Devotion Surrender is an album released in 1973 by guitarists Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin, with the backing of their respective bands, Santana and The Mahavishnu Orchestra. The album was inspired by the teachings of Sri Chinmoy and intended as a tribute to John Coltrane.

Welcome was released in November of 1973 so hopefully, both anniversaries will be 'celebrated' with SONY JAPAN QUAD releases next year in special 7" packaging.

Back