The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah there's a chance. The Lions path isnt much different than the Bills have been minus the four superbowl losses. This is only the 2nd era of stardom they've ever had. It will eventually happen for the Lions. The gods of NFL parity say it is so.

I know its not NFL, but it is football !! I may have the Losing Lions but I do have a real winner . Go Blue

ohiostate.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, that means yet another one of those Bezos Monopoly games?
Yes, I don't like that either. I don't have Amazon prime & won't get it to just to see the Thursday games.
I'm wondering if Amazon is even making a profit with the broadcasts? They paid Al Michaels a fortune to leave nbc....
Look at all the bowl games. 98% are on ESPN now & I remember when..... I won't go into it but us old timers recall when there was maybe less than 10 total college football bowls played & all were free, on OTA tv, to watch.

Yes, I don't like that either. I don't have Amazon prime & won't get it to just to see the Thursday games.
I'm wondering if Amazon is even making a profit with the broadcasts? They paid Al Michaels a fortune to leave nbc....
Look at all the bowl games. 98% are on ESPN now & I remember when..... I won't go into it but us old timers recall when there was maybe less than 10 total college football bowls played & all were free, on OTA tv, to watch.

The Rose Bowl was king back in the day. And ABC was THE Bowl network with Keith Jackson. Yup - another old timer here

Last edited:

I don't have Amazon Prime and I don't have ESPN. We have three streaming services and that's probably one too many. You have to buy the whole cable package to get ESPN. I thought that ESPN+ was a good deal last year when I subscribed for a month to watch the Rangers in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I got it in time to watch them play their last four games...all of which they managed to lose and get eliminated. :ROFLMAO:

Monday morning ponderings:

Is the AFC South pathetic or what? The Bradyneers at 5-6 lead the division and would get a home playoff game even if they finish with a losing record.

Jalen Hurts gives me the impression that you could run him over with a truck and it wouldn't faze him.

If the season ended today, all four NFC East teams would make the playoffs. I like the Commanders. I called my last cat 'Commander' (because he told us all what to do) and it pleases me no end that they decided to rename the team after him. :sneaky:

Why are the three powerhouses Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State all clustered in The Big Ten East? The title game is always a contest to predict the margin of destruction rather than the victor.

Howard Cosell: "The knee, the knee, always the knee."
Aaron Rodgers: "The thumb, the thumb, always the thumb."

Is the AFC South pathetic or what? The Bradyneers at 5-6 lead the division and would get a home playoff game even if they finish with a losing record.

Jalen Hurts gives me the impression that you could run him over with a truck and it wouldn't faze him.

If the season ended today, all four NFC East teams would make the playoffs. I like the Commanders. I called my last cat 'Commander' (because he told us all what to do) and it pleases me no end that they decided to rename the team after him. :sneaky:

Why are the three powerhouses Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State all clustered in The Big Ten East? The title game is always a contest to predict the margin of destruction rather than the victor.

No insight on the Jets win?

Standings now: 2022 NFL Standings | ESPN

Miami ahead of Buffalo, I can't believe it.
Record is the same, Miami holds the tiebreaker due to their win over the Bills in Miami. Miami is coming up on the schedule again, this time in snowy Buffalo. In fact, the next three Bills games are very important to them. All against division rivals, the Pats on the road , the Jets and the Fins at home.

Man! With Thursday football, Sunday football, Jayhawk Sunflower Showdown and World Cup stuff in between I have reached total sports saturation. Sporturation?

The Chiefs won a sloppy game against the Rams. Hard to believe the Rams were recent Super Bowl winners. But the same could have been said about the Chiefs in Super Bowl LV. The scoring margin was comfortable yesterday but except for a few interceptions pretty lack luster. McVay getting whacked in the head was the most exciting part.

All 4 granddaughters are into sports. So next weekend marks the start of the magic combo of soccer, volleyball, and gymnastics. Multiple events on both Sat & Sun & it stays that way till Spring. That will cut down on my TV sports. As an official retired person I find the only time I set the alarm clock is on weekends....

Last edited:
Amazon got ripped off. Most of the Thursday night games have been duds. And, Amazon may have paid a fortune for Al Michaels but, if my memory is correct, he had no choice but to go to Amazon. None of the other networks wanted him.

In other news, I have no faith in the Ravens being playoff ready. The offense is not getting better each week, they have been treading water. They may make the playoffs but they won't go far unless something major changes.

I saw Tampa Bays record & did a double take🤔.. But they do appear to be heading upward.

Also, Michigan State is in the B10 east..... Just the odd way the 2 divisions are arranged. Yes, those 10 ten championship games are usually not even competitive! I only watch if WI is in it.

A. Rodgers: " The thumb...& now its an oblique, always a double whammy "

Last edited:
The Jets signed Belicheck and the next day he resigned and went with New England. The Colts signed McDaniels and then he opted out to stay with New England. What’s your word and signature really worth(and I’ve been a Massachusetts resident and Pats fan for decades)?

Back