Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They certainly are different pressings and different vintages. ABC label Trespass would predate 1978.

Rainbow US labels are MCA. Those were pressed from 1980 onward.

Pressing plant s/b denoted in run-out. ABC might have been Terre Haute or others. MCA would have been pressed in Gloversville, Pinckneyville, etc. 2010 180g LP on Geffen in US is a remix, possibly from digital master.

MCAView attachment 85566

US First press on the ABC black label. I have a copy on the rainbow label too. Not sure if they are different pressings or just a difference in labels.

They certainly are different pressings and different vintages. ABC label Trespass would predate 1978.

Rainbow US labels are MCA. Those were pressed from 1980 onward.

Pressing plant s/b denoted in run-out. ABC might have been Terre Haute or others. MCA would have been pressed in Gloversville, Pinckneyville, etc. 2010 180g LP on Geffen in US is a remix, possibly from digital master.
I apologize Linda. I misspoke with my post.

This is the label that I have on the copy to which I was listening yesterday:

R-1617239-1465503313-7383.jpg

I also have a copy that I referred to as the "rainbow label". I meant the rainbow ABC Records label below, not the MCA rainbow label. In fact, I had completely forgotten that this album was later released on MCA Records.

R-5457474-1658533460-1639.jpg

I had always heard that the ABC pressings sounded much better than the later MCA pressings, but based on my listening that isn't saying much. It's odd. The music sounds decent, but Peter Gabriel's vocals are really muddy sounding in the mix. I would need to listen to the UK version again to compare.

Sorry for the confusion!

Back