ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was passing through this little town in Ohio and this sign caught my eye.

1665932586020.jpeg

Hmmm, I didn't know this about Templeman on VH song.....read below.

On this day in 1944, legendary producer Ted Templeman is born in Santa Cruz, California.
In February of 1977, Templeman witnessed a live performance by Van Halen at The Starwood Lounge in Hollywood and persuaded Warner Bros. Chairman Mo Ostin that he should sign the group. Templeman produced their eponymous first album and went on to produce six more albums for Van Halen. Templeman's voice is heard in the song "Unchained," saying "Come on Dave, gimme a break!" Lead singer David Lee Roth replies "One break, coming up!", leading into the song's chorus. Templeman also produced Roth's first two solo records, the EP Crazy from the Heat and the album Eat 'Em and Smile.

So, I was surprised to hear that some didn't know Nugent was a driving force with Amboy Dukes. Listening now, to a vinyl rip I did of my personal copy. Such super stuff. Who would have thought...

View attachment 85041
I remember in an interview he said that, at the time, he didn't realize that the song "Journey To The Center Of The Mind" was an LSD drug song. I can't believe he could be that naive but I definitely heard him say that was the case. The only album (LP) that I ever owned of theirs was "Tooth, Fang And Claw".

Back