Converting THD and TOC files to FLAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godathunder

Somewhere along the way Ive acquired 2 folders that I cannot play

One folder contains .THD files, which I understand to be Dolby True HD files.
I believe these to be stereo files so I dont think that theres any associated height data to worry about

The other contains several .TOC (all under 100kb) and one .LST (220kb) files which I assume are cue files for the other files in the folder.
These are labelled with the extensions .MCH or .2CH. These files are between 50,000-900,00kb each.
My understanding is that the TOC files are associated with Sony Playstation but I cant really find much more about them.

How would I go about converting these to FLAC?
I generally use Foobar for playback if that makes any difference

All advice gratefully received

TOC is used internally for the SACD file system I believe. How did it get out? Maybe foobar2000 can work some magic on it.

It would be very odd for stereo to be stored in THD. It's usually Atmos. Where did you even get it? I hope not illegally. In any case, use VLC or eac3to to convert it to FLAC.

TOC is used internally for the SACD file system I believe. How did it get out? Maybe foobar2000 can work some magic on it.

It would be very odd for stereo to be stored in THD. It's usually Atmos. Where did you even get it? I hope not illegally. In any case, use VLC or eac3to to convert it to FLAC.
Ive no idea of their provenance, I found them on a spare usb drive while I was copying some tracks for the car.
neither VLC or eac3to are playing ball so Id hazard a guess that its a failed experiment in ripping an SACD from a few years ago.

Back