Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh, thought I'd cancel Amazon US (with Jan. release date) and try Burning Shed, but>>> forced me to add crappatola to my dictionary

JT 2022 TAAB.jpg

Thanks
So if the corrected DVD is the same as the DVD in the new set and you feel like listening to the CD just get the new CD and switch it with the original right?
Then you are all set. No need to buy the new box set reissue.
Waiting for JohnN the expert to confirm or deny here.....
If you have the previous lined DVD with the no Mew 5.1, the only reason for this set is the no Mew stereo remix on DVD for the first time.

Received this today in response to an email query regarding my pre-paid June order:

"I can confirm that your order... is in our system awaiting the delayed release. Once it is available, we will ship it to you...

Thank you for your patience and you will receive notification once it heads to you!"

🆗
Here’s what I got today re: TAAB ordered in June:

Alexandra (Rhino Store)

Dec 6, 2022, 10:27 AM EST

Thank you for contacting us!

Your pre-order has a scheduled release date of January 20th. (date subject to change)

We usually begin shipping pre-orders a few days prior to the release date. You will receive a confirmation email, once your order has shipped.

For reference about SW TAAB remixes:
2012 40th Anniversary bookset (with corrected DVD)
CD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix, mastered by Peter Mew
DVD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix in 96/24, mastered by Peter Mew
The 2012 Steven Wilson 5.1 Surround Mix, "flat transfer"

2015 standalone CD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix, "flat transfer"
2015 digital download: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix in 96/24, "flat transfer"

2022 40th Anniversary bookset
CD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix, "flat transfer"
DVD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix in 96/24, "flat transfer"
The 2012 Steven Wilson 5.1 Surround Mix, "flat transfer" (same as the 2012 bookset edition)
o_O Dizzy - thanks - wait until I explain Broadsword :LOL:
Quietly today, I will say surprise ahead, future looks good. Surprised tootull :cool::smokin

2023 More fun to come. Glad news for a surround forum I hope.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Thank you JohnN.
Wow no way out to buy this if I ever want to hear an unmolested high rez stereo take.......and prevent my ears from hurting.
This will be my third time buying this: first set had uncorrected dvd gave it away to a friend who doesnt listen to surround bought a second set with corrected DVD now maybe buying a third edition.
Possibly buying a fourth reissue when its discovered a mono version mistakenly appears on the DVD.........o_O

Wow no way out to buy this if I ever want to hear an unmolested high rez stereo take.......and prevent my ears from hurting.
Other than the HDTracks download ;)
is it the only way to get this flat mastered CD? There’s no CD only release with the flat master?
The 2015 standalone CD already has the flat mastering, that's why the 2015 phonographic copyright appears on the CD of this new set.

Other than the HDTracks download ;)

The 2015 standalone CD already has the flat mastering, that's why the 2015 phonographic copyright appears on the CD of this new set.
Thanks to all for the very helpful clarifications. I hesitate to drag this out any further, but:

Are we 100% sure that the DVD in the 2022 reissue is different than the corrected DVD for the 2012 release (substituting the "flat transfer" hi-res stereo remix instead of the Mews-mastered hi-res stereo remix)? The only reason I'm questioning it is because in fredblue's photos, the DVD in the new set still has the 2012 copyright date and the line under "duration", looking identical to my 2012 corrected DVD, whereas the 2022 CD shows the 2015 copyright date rather than 2012 as on the original.

If both the CD and DVD are updated in the new reissue, I'll probably go ahead and buy it, even though I have all the "pieces" already (2012 set with corrected DVD, plus 2015 hi-res flat stereo digital files). For $25 it's worth it to me to have it all updated in the new package.

Unless JohnN's teaser turns out to be a new series of Blu-ray Atmos mixes of all the classic albums... now I'm confused yet again... ;)

Thanks to all for the very helpful clarifications. I hesitate to drag this out any further, but:

Are we 100% sure that the DVD in the 2022 reissue is different than the corrected DVD for the 2012 release (substituting the "flat transfer" hi-res stereo remix instead of the Mews-mastered hi-res stereo remix)? The only reason I'm questioning it is because in fredblue's photos, the DVD in the new set still has the 2012 copyright date and the line under "duration", looking identical to my 2012 corrected DVD, whereas the 2022 CD shows the 2015 copyright date rather than 2012 as on the original.

If both the CD and DVD are updated in the new reissue, I'll probably go ahead and buy it, even though I have all the "pieces" already (2012 set with corrected DVD, plus 2015 hi-res flat stereo digital files). For $25 it's worth it to me to have it all updated in the new package.

Unless JohnN's teaser turns out to be a new series of Blu-ray Atmos mixes of all the classic albums... now I'm confused yet again... ;)
Interesting :unsure: Blu-ray Atmos WISH! Possible...impossible to say at this point about my Tull teaser. haha
It's as well we tell no lie...So keep an open eye.

Never forget.
Really don't mind if you sit this one out
My words but a whisper your deafness a shout
We will be geared to the average, rather than the exceptional. God is an overwhelming responsibility...cats are on the upgrade

I logged in today and looking at my order history displays this:
A note about past purchase history records
We are currently migrating our ecommerce platform to a new system.
Due to this platform change, you may not be able to review information on your past purchases.
We are working to getting this information updated as soon as possible.
Any pending orders you have will still process & ship. (You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order goes out.)

I prepaid with PayPal and have reached out to Rhino asking about the state of my order.
I will share any information that they provide.
BDA45CAD-F96A-4F9E-AB30-4C7E379E96AF.jpeg

Not sure my order is any different !

Last edited:
According to a poster in the Steve Hoffman forums, yes:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...ue-this-october.1148574/page-43#post-30972741
The stereo remix on the DVD is the "Steven Wilson Mix and Master" from 2015.
To quote myself..

I compared the waveforms in Audacity, I compared the DR values.. it all checks out.
Of the stereo remix on the 2022 DVD? This.. just as the 2015 download version (which was broken down into eight parts, which ist not the case here).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed Folder: /Thick As A Brick (SW stereo mix and master, 24 Bit 96 khz)_dr.txt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR Peak RMS Filename

DR13 -0.10 dB -16.04 dB 01 Side A.flac
DR13 -0.10 dB -15.92 dB 02 Side B.flac

Number of Files: 2
Official DR Value: DR13

==============================================================================================

If you have the previous lined DVD with the no Mew 5.1, the only reason for this set is the no Mew stereo remix on DVD for the first time.
But the flat-transferred remix on the CD is new as well, right? Same as the newer (2015) standalone CD? So both the CD and the DVD are updated, right?

But the flat-transferred remix on the CD is new as well, right? Same as the newer (2015) standalone CD? So both the CD and the DVD are updated, right?
I helped with the DVD with this note: (Book-set 2022) - The CD will be as per Steven Wilson’s actual mix as per the 2015 version released as the breakout single CD version.
:) Cheers

Back