My New Years score! Koss Phase 2+2 Headphones never used

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doity

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I had a pair already, along with the complimentary LP that you had to send in for. I bought my pair maybe 5 or 6 years ago or so, so god knows how many owners before me had used them. Plus there is an intermittent short in one channel that I was planning on fixing.

Anywho’s....... I was perusing the internet last week and accidentally brought up Craigslist, as I have it bookmarked. So out of nothing more than some misplaced obligation, I decided to poke around and see what was there. I searched the term “Quadraphonic” and these were second or third down.

He was only asking $50, and the post was two weeks old but decided to reply, imagining that they were long sold. He replied the next day and even drove them over which was nice. I eventually traded a couple things out of my garage for them....things that I was getting ready to toss eventually as they are just in the way.

To my surprise the phones looked virtually unused, with no wear except for a “styrofoam burn” on the headband. They sounded excellent when I got around to testing them, and much more dynamic than mine. Plus the switches move flawlessly. The foam is long gone though so I am going to have to improvise there.

I meticulously cleaned and “repaired” the box as there was a few small tears. Yep.... normal stuff there :). The elusive manual is still sealed in plastic, as well as the coupon and envelope to send back for the LP! Think I will send it in and see what happens?

CE2C5D45-F477-4C67-A032-CFEF01269333.jpeg

I had a pair already, along with the complimentary LP that you had to send in for. I bought my pair maybe 5 or 6 years ago or so, so god knows how many owners before me had used them. Plus there is an intermittent short in one channel that I was planning on fixing.

Anywho’s....... I was perusing the internet last week and accidentally brought up Craigslist, as I have it bookmarked. So out of nothing more than some misplaced obligation, I decided to poke around and see what was there. I searched the term “Quadraphonic” and these were second or third down.

He was only asking $50, and the post was two weeks old but decided to reply, imagining that they were long sold. He replied the next day and even drove them over which was nice. I eventually traded a couple things out of my garage for them....things that I was getting ready to toss eventually as they are just in the way.

To my surprise the phones looked virtually unused, with no wear except for a “styrofoam burn” on the headband. They sounded excellent when I got around to testing them, and much more dynamic than mine. Plus the switches move flawlessly. The foam is long gone though so I am going to have to improvise there.

I meticulously cleaned and “repaired” the box as there was a few small tears. Yep.... normal stuff there :). The elusive manual is still sealed in plastic, as well as the coupon and envelope to send back for the LP! Think I will send it in and see what happens?

View attachment 86999
Here are more snaps of the contents of the packet that held the manual. Including the elusive Gold Ticket (actually grayish/silver) for the “free” album.

E3CB4511-94FE-4CD6-95A5-6DADF9054E3A.jpeg
E0B5F729-A72A-4730-A925-4D7E6B69BB31.jpeg
E4B97C69-2425-4A58-A109-7A607C63190F.jpeg

Back