Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great Black Jazz reissue that was first released as a Quad LP. Through the SM v.2, i'm really able to Hear, Sense and Feel this one – the Awakening, indeed! Dig the way the blue lights are reflected on the cover! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
1673843476343.png

https://www.discogs.com/master/430670-The-Awakening-Hear-Sense-And-Feel

Last edited:
Barclay James Harvest "Once Again"
Wanted to play this old 5.1 mix before getting the new SWT blu-ray version. It's always been a bit of an odd mix...Peter Mew? Not horrible, and lots of use of all the speakers but some odd mixing choices, probably based on the 70's quad mix I suspect. Great music thought, and the upcoming SWT mixes ought to do it much better justice.
51Xjyf7XNpL.jpg

Barclay James Harvest "Once Again"
Wanted to play this old 5.1 mix before getting the new SWT blu-ray version. It's always been a bit of an odd mix...Peter Mew? Not horrible, and lots of use of all the speakers but some odd mixing choices, probably based on the 70's quad mix I suspect. Great music thought, and the upcoming SWT mixes ought to do it much better justice.
51Xjyf7XNpL.jpg
i think Mew just remastered it?

afaik the original Quad was mixed by EMI's Peter Bown.

Bown also mixed the Quad of Argent's "In Deep", as well as "Atom Heart Mother" which he mixed together with Alan Parsons.

8C940609-A8B3-4510-97CB-F58DD3065A3F.jpeg

After a week of Jeff Beck greiving and a weekend of high drama football, my brain needed a complete change of direction, I mean complete change.
Michael Dutton's 4.0 Three Penny Opera. Anything Dutton does is good.
Need to go to gym today, back on the horse as they say.
View attachment 87467
I bet that’s quite the change alright! Reminds me, I need to check out my copy of this one. Hopefully I can hang in there, and get through the whole thing. The poster on this cover also reminds me of Derby attired Detective Oskar Rheinhardt in Vienna Blood.

I’m ready for the next batch Mr. Dutton 😄

Last edited:
Back