Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news...jzAV2YKSvMDghLxH1HXzKT_TeVGSwfUpm2nYDOvyy-ezY
a_space_in_time_big.jpg

A Space in Time, the 1971 album from British rock band Ten Years After, is #7 in the continuing SDE Surround Series of exclusive Blu-ray Audios with Dolby Atmos Mixes.

The 1971 album is being reissued (belatedly) for its 50th anniversary. It was the group’s sixth, and best-selling album, featuring their best-known track ‘I’d Love To Change The World’, which is used regularly on film and TV (most recently in David O. Russell’s 2022 film Amsterdam). A Space in Time saw the band taking a more melodic direction from previous releases and showcased the band at their peak.

The Blu-ray Audio is only available via SDE and is packed with great content, as follows:

• New Dolby Atmos Mix
  • 5.1 Mix (DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1)
  • 1973 Quad Mix (DTS HD-Master Audio 4.0)
  • 2023 Chris Kimsey Stereo Mix (48/24)
  • Flat transfer of the Original 1971 Mix (48/24)
The Quad Mix corrects the channels which were inadvertently switched (front to back) on the 2012 DVD (which came with a vinyl LP). The brand new stereo mix is by original producer/engineer, Chris Kimsey, using transfers from the original two-inch multitrack tapes. Chris’ work on the stereo mix was the basis for the new Atmos Mix.

Here’s the now traditional reminder as to why this product is highly recommended:

• It’s the only way to enjoy the Dolby Atmos mix of the album via a physical product
  • You don’t need to sign-up to a streaming service such as Tidal or Apple Music to hear the spatial audio mix
  • The Atmos Mix on the blu-ray is not compressed due to streaming bandwidth restrictions
  • You own the product, you are not renting it from a digital service provider
  • The blu-ray audio is an excellent format for music and you don’t want to see it die off
  • Supporting SDE with these initiatives leads to similar collaborations with labels/artists and we are keen to bring your more in the near future
Be aware, there is no pre-order window – this blu-ray is limited to 1,000 units worldwide. Don’t miss out – secure your copy by pre-ordering from the SDE shop using this link or the ‘add to cart’ button below. This product is not available anywhere else and we ship worldwide (tracked service to USA is £8, for example).

A Space in Time will be released on 17 March 2023 and is a collaboration between SDE and Chrysalis Records. This item will ship with a free, collectible SDE Surround Series slipcase.

Last edited:
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news...jzAV2YKSvMDghLxH1HXzKT_TeVGSwfUpm2nYDOvyy-ezY
a_space_in_time_big.jpg

A Space in Time, the 1971 album from British rock band Ten Years After, is #7 in the continuing SDE Surround Series of exclusive Blu-ray Audios with Dolby Atmos Mixes.

The 1971 album is being reissued (belatedly) for its 50th anniversary. It was the group’s sixth, and best-selling album, featuring their best-known track ‘I’d Love To Change The World’, which is used regularly on film and TV (most recently in David O. Russell’s 2022 film Amsterdam). A Space in Time saw the band taking a more melodic direction from previous releases and showcased the band at their peak.

The Blu-ray Audio is only available via SDE and is packed with great content, as follows:

• New Dolby Atmos Mix
The Quad Mix corrects the channels which were inadvertently switched (front to back) on the 2012 DVD (which came with a vinyl LP). The brand new stereo mix is by original producer/engineer, Chris Kimsey, using transfers from the original two-inch multitrack tapes. Chris’ work on the stereo mix was the basis for the new Atmos Mix.

Here’s the now traditional reminder as to why this product is highly recommended:

• It’s the only way to enjoy the Dolby Atmos mix of the album via a physical product
  • You don’t need to sign-up to a streaming service such as Tidal or Apple Music to hear the spatial audio mix
  • The Atmos Mix on the blu-ray is not compressed due to streaming bandwidth restrictions
  • The blu-ray audio is an excellent format for music and you don’t want to see it die off
  • Supporting SDE with these initiatives leads to similar collaborations with labels/artists and we are keen to bring your more in the near future
Be aware, there is no pre-order window – this blu-ray is limited to 1,000 units worldwide. Don’t miss out – secure your copy by pre-ordering from the SDE shop using this link or the ‘add to cart’ button below. This product is not available anywhere else and we ship worldwide (tracked service to USA is £8, for example).

A Space in Time will be released on 17 March 2023 and is a collaboration between SDE and Chrysalis Records. This item will ship with a free, collectible SDE Surround Series slipcase.
Another shocker!

Folks that have never heard the corrected Quad will be stunned at how great this is.

We’re lucky dogs down here, but only a thousand copies. Easy purchase. :love:

a_space_in_time_big.jpg

• New Dolby Atmos Mix

Key clause for QQ’ers everywhere:

Be aware, there is no pre-order window – this blu-ray is limited to 1,000 units worldwide.

Y’all betta get in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered. Never heard this album except for “Change the World” but I figured I’d get this one as I haven’t been interested in a lot of the other ones thus far and at least I somewhat know this record.

Further to that this thing is jam packed with audio options, 2 stereo mixes, 5.1, Atmos and the original Quad! I never tracked down the DVD because of the reversed channels so this should be really nice!

Alvin Lee and Ten Years After, my first favorite band of all time, I own every CD/album. My favorite is Stonedhenge.
If you are not that into TYA, start with Going Home off the Woodstock album, literally put them on the map, I was a fan before that, so the Woodstock tune was a bonus.
I saw TYA one time at Winterland in SF, It was the Cricklewood Green tour.
This release to wake up to, almost put me in a panic, well it did actually, trying to get my credit card in SDE as fast as I could.
My wish ever since I started listening to surround music has been a surround box set with TYA, the Deram/Chrysalis Years.
This one release although not my favorite, is like I said get it as fast as I could.
I do have the LP/DVD from before. I just know this is going to sound fantastic.

Yet another band I’m familiar with in name, but not so much in music. But I’m happy to see a classic rock album and it was an easy pre-order. And well done with Atmos, 5.1, quad, new stereo and original mix.

I’m intrigued by the financials. If it sells out, that’s 23,000-pounds. After costs and profit sharing with SDE, it doesn’t seem like it would be a lot of profit for a record company. Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy they decided it was worth it, and I obviously have no idea what they view as “good profits” on a release like this.

But then I start to dream a bit. I can’t recall, but is this the first collaboration in this series with Chrysalis? If so, could this lead to future releases of key Jethro Tull albums in Atmos through SDE?

Anyway... a nice thing to wake up to this morning.

Pickle me and call me dill. I actually got the new mix of "I'd Love to Change the World" in my Spotify Release Radar but didn't expect that album to be the next entry in the SDE series. A welcome change of pace. Will I buy it? Who knows :LOL:

Back