Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in from Amazon... buuuutttt!

They delivered it to my neighbors house, WTF Amazon! Fortunately I used the email delivery notice with a porch pic, and figured out which neighbor it was; and I know the guy who -also fortunately was at home at the time. Didn't want to just grab it up, and be thought of as a porch pirate or something ya know- geez.
When I visited my father in the summer, he had ordered something... and something was delivered, only it was for the next-door neighbour and what was supposed to be delivered to him had landed on the neighbour's porch. I quietly swapped the items 🤫

Just got mine in from Amazon... buuuutttt!

They delivered it to my neighbors house, WTF Amazon! Fortunately I used the email delivery notice with a porch pic, and figured out which neighbor it was; and I know the guy who -also fortunately was at home at the time. Didn't want to just grab it up, and be thought of as a porch pirate or something ya know- geez.
J Pupster...Unbelievable isn't it! I've had to do the same thing in the past with USPS deliveries. The current mailman is very good with packages.
As far as my TAAB ordered from importcd goes. I have heard nothing. If anyone hears or gets theirs ordered from importcds, please post it.

Mine is shipped from Amazon.ca and will be here tomorrow. You guys should check your emails!
It depends on how close you are to a fulfillment center, it seems that it's coming from the west side of Canada and those living in the east have to wait longer, but 2 months is too much for something ordered in November. I could get it today for an extra 4$ but 5 more for shipping. I am not that crazy about an album that I know for a long time.

I assume this is a joke.

If it's not, please have some coffee and settle down.
Everything is fine, you're just a little confused by the marketing.

There are hundreds of pages of posts on the Hoffman forum about this release, and every single one has a post like this.

The only 50th anniversary version is vinyl.
The out-of-print 40th anniversary digital version was re-issued for the 50th anniversary of the original release.
OK?
Open it up and enjoy it.
You are one of the fortunate.

My Amazon order now has a UPS tracking number.:)
I must have missed something along the way. I all ready had the 40th Anniversary release of that album! The barcode of the supposed 50th anniversary release is exactly the same! Sounds like I now have a duplicate copy?

I must have missed something along the way. I all ready had the 40th Anniversary release of that album! The barcode of the supposed 50th anniversary release is exactly the same! Sounds like I now have a duplicate copy?
The DVD is the same, the CD is the "Mew-less" mastering Wilson 2015 stereo mix, so not a duplicate.
OK? At least it wasn't expensive.

I will certainly be corrected if my details contain any errors.
Somebody else may take a turn to answer the next time this comes up.
We will continue until everyone gets the message. ;)

The DVD is the same, the CD is the "Mew-less" mastering Wilson 2015 stereo mix, so not a duplicate.

Thanks, looks like I have a gift for a friend! Details, details! Got to slow down on that “buy” finger! Not sure that marketing is the right word as Bull Moose has this listed as the 50th Anniversary on the site! More correctly should be a “Reissue of the 40th Anniversary”. But that’s just me!

When I visited my father in the summer, he had ordered something... and something was delivered, only it was for the next-door neighbour and what was supposed to be delivered to him had landed on the neighbour's porch. I quietly swapped the items 🤫
I tried to get it 50th Anniversary edition today on Amazon US and only available on vinyl. Only 40th Anniversary available on CD/DVD. Any other place to get it?

The DVD isn't the same either, thanks to @JohnN's efforts. The stereo on that disc also does away with Mew's mastering.

It depends on how close you are to a fulfillment center, it seems that it's coming from the west side of Canada and those living in the east have to wait longer, but 2 months is too much for something ordered in November. I could get it today for an extra 4$ but 5 more for shipping. I am not that crazy about an album that I know for a long time.
Mine came from Mount Hope, Ontario to Calgary, Alberta. Also, my order was most likely prioritized based on my order date of July 22 and waited six months to get this.

Planning on digging into the 100 page booklet tonight. I have a question for the more diehard Tull fan than I am: is it worth tracking down the 5.1 releases of the rest of the TaaB ”family”? I.e. TaaB2, TaaB 1&2 Live, and Homo Erraticus (Homo Erraticus being “written” by Gerald Minton)?

Planning on digging into the 100 page booklet tonight. I have a question for the more diehard Tull fan than I am: is it worth tracking down the 5.1 releases of the rest of the TaaB ”family”? I.e. TaaB2, TaaB 1&2 Live, and Homo Erraticus (Homo Erraticus being “written” by Gerald Minton)?
Mine arrived Saturday from Importcds. I hope everyone else also got theirs.
The reason I didn't know beforehand was because the shipping notification went to my email trash folder! No idea why that happened.

Back