Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bull Moose now has it listed for $299.

I would have thought that more people would pass because of the high price, but right now at Amazon (where it's also $299) it is their #1 selling album. :rolleyes:
It's #1 because Amazon doesn't charge until its shipped. Many folks pre-ordered to lock in when the price drops. If it doesn't go low enough I expect a lot of those pre-ordered to be cancelled.

Bull Moose now has it listed for $299.

I would have thought that more people would pass because of the high price, but right now at Amazon (where it's also $299) it is their #1 selling album. :rolleyes:

BFD.
Trust me, being the #1 selling album isn't as big a feat as it was last century. 50,000 is a big number now days, which would have been laughable in 1973 when TDSOTM was released.

It’s now listed here In AU at JBHiFi for $510 AUD!

That’s out of my price range for essentially just the Atmos mix, although my daughter wants the vinyl.
The good news on that one Is the vinyl has never gone out of print.

IIRC because it’s pretty much always in the top 500 on Billboard, record store owners apparently treat its placement as a stock index, ordering more when it goes up a few spots

Slightly off topic - but checking through my PF folder updating surround mixes (and quad) to 24/96 resolution - I found "Piper at the gates of dawn" in surround. Checking the file I can see it's quad in a 5.1 container with a bit of added bass for the sub-woofer. I can't remember where I got this from? Any ideas whether it was from a box-set?

Attachments

• flod 2.jpg
    flod 2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0
  • flod.jpg
    flod.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
From Apple Music if it hasn't been posted yet... just Brain Damage so far, and it looks like hi res only, no Atmos, at least at this time.

Slightly off topic - but checking through my PF folder updating surround mixes (and quad) to 24/96 resolution - I found "Piper at the gates of dawn" in surround. Checking the file I can see it's quad in a 5.1 container with a bit of added bass for the sub-woofer. I can't remember where I got this from? Any ideas whether it was from a box-set?
Must be an upmix from some privateer. The deluxe Piper was CD-only:

https://www.discogs.com/release/1060844-Pink-Floyd-The-Piper-At-The-Gates-Of-Dawn

Back