Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was emptying the trunk of my car of my purchases when I found a box I didn't remember buying.

There was one line on the box, "SNOOdS 009". I thought "What are snoods?" "009?" "Spy snoods???" "Lowercase 'd'??"

Then I suddenly realized what it was.

That reminds me of the old "710 Cap" joke....

1673977810707.png

Just returned from a 5 day marathon, er, family vacation at Disney World. Really had a great time. Six adults, four kids. We stayed at an off campus Disney resort called Pop Century. It has multiple buildings dedicated to a particular decade. Of course we stayed at 70's building. Largely because of this:

DISNEY 8 TRACK 2.jpg

Sadly as you can see, not quad. The player for this was nowhere to be found.

Just returned from a 5 day marathon, er, family vacation at Disney World. Really had a great time. Six adults, four kids. We stayed at an off campus Disney resort called Pop Century. It has multiple buildings dedicated to a particular decade. Of course we stayed at 70's building. Largely because of this:

View attachment 87842

I love the magnetic tape sticking out of the top. Any of the youngsters ask what this thing was?

View attachment 87842

Nothing screams "The70's" like the 8-track. LOL

Hope the weather was good for you it's been a bit cooler than normal for us.
Yeah I've been reading about lizards falling from trees & the orange crops. But it's warm compared to Jan in Kansas. Checking weather at home everyday I'd see 25>32 deg, freezing drizzle, chance of snow. Mean while in Orlando it was generally mid-60's in the morning, low 80's in the afternoon. Warm in the sun cool in the shade with a nice breeze everyday. Perfect for park exploration.

I was at Disneyland the 2nd year it opened at 6 years old. Admission $1 adults 50 cent for kids. I still remember much about it. Went back multiple times growing up my dad really liked California.

With 2 daughters of my own we went to Disney World several times. Sometimes combined with a Disney cruise. It's been at least a dozen years since I was there. Except for the $$ any and all changes made I think were for the better.

Another random question.

Somewhere in my DVD collection, I have a movie about World War II that contains the following lines:

"You captured six German soldiers with your what?"
"With my mine detector."

I have been going through my movies with no luck. And a website for finding movie lines gave me a movie title I don't have.
I was hoping someone knew this.

Back