Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J.S. BACH ST. JOHN PASSION Trinity Cathedral Choir and Baroque Orchestra/Eric Milnes, Director [DTS Entertainment/2 DTS 5.1 CDs] Sumptuously Recorded Immersive 5.1 Recording of Bach's enduring classic

www.laserhotline.de - Audio-CDs und -DVDs mit DTS 5.1-Ton

J.S. BACH ST. JOHN PASSION Trinity Cathedral Choir and Baroque Orchestra/Eric Milnes, Director [DTS Entertainment/2 DTS 5.1 CDs] Sumptuously Recorded Immersive 5.1 Recording of Bach's enduring classic

www.laserhotline.de - Audio-CDs und -DVDs mit DTS 5.1-Ton
I used to sing that many Moons ago, so I HAVE had the Surround treatment IN PERSON!

The Allman Brothers Band LIVE AT FILLMORE EAST [Polydor Records/DTS Entertainment/DTS 5.1] If you're seeking the ultra discrete version of the Allman's most iconic album, look no further. Credits in the liner notes: Executive Producer: Brad S. Miller; Multitrack original analogue recording and mix to music surround: Engineer: Geoff Emerick and Alan O'Duffy; Producer: Paul McCartney; Multi Channel Master, EQ, Balance and Preparation: Peter Mew @ Abbey Road Studios.

R.d608cad4047bd412d3dcc72e68787c67
R.d608cad4047bd412d3dcc72e68787c67
DTS stuffed up and copy/pasted the credits from the Band On The Run Quad!

I didn't think the Surround Master handled CD-4. To latch on to the 30kHz carrier wave, it would need to have an internal sample rate of at least 88.2kHz (using common sample rates).
you're right, it doesn't demodulate CD-4 records but there may be some happy accidents where it separates out some bits 'n bobs in Involve mode 🤩

Back