Madonna Ray of Light 25th Anniversary Dolby Atmos Mix? (Unconfirmed Rumor)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sashaaa

For a good bit of last year I have been wondering if Madonna would release a dolby atmos mix of her classic album Ray of Light. For those who are unfamiliar with the album, it is almost as much a William Orbit album as a Madonna album, as he is core to it's sound and produced the whole record (aside from one track "Little Star"). William has recently started making new music again as well and all of his recent releases have had Dolby Atmos mixes that seemed to be core to their release (and are great aggressive mixes too). Further, an album from his old band Torch Song was recently reissued and featured re recorded tracks with Atmos mixes. This is a long way of saying that William Orbit is really into Atmos and seems to be diving head first into the format. Further, last year in an interview with Classic Pop Magazine he said "The remix by Sickick on TikTok of Frozen that Madonna embraced was exciting, because I’ve got half an eye on doing a Dolby Atmos mix of Ray Of Light".

What also makes me think that this might happen is Madonna has also recently announced last year that she is starting a Reissue campaign of her previous releases, already starting with an excellent compilation of remastered remixes . Not only that though, the 25th anniversary of Ray of Light is just about a month away on Feb 26th this year.

Everything just seems to line up for a Dolby Atmos mix of this album happening for it's 25th anniversary. While nothing is confirmed obviously I'm still hopeful as I'm sure it'd make for a great Atmos release. Here's hoping that it might happen! :)

William has recently started making new music again as well and all of his recent releases have had Dolby Atmos mixes that seemed to be core to their release (and are great aggressive mixes too).
Aside from The Painter, which other albums are streaming in Atmos?

I would absolutely love this album in Atmos. It's my favorite Madonna album of all time.
It really would be incredible in Atmos, ever since I first got into surround it's been my biggest dream to hear it in surround. Truly an amazing record.

Gotta have it, the soundscapes of this one with a great Atmos mix is a no brainer!

Have to admit, I didn’t know William Orbit’s involvement because I only became aware of his stuff from his Atmos “The Painter” album recently. It’s in my ‘Demo Quality’ Apple Music folder.
Absolutely! It's really cool that he's been getting into Atmos so heavily, and it's also cool that he's been making music again too.

LOVE this album! Students used to have Madonna dance parties in my classroom during lunch, and they BUMPED this one! My daughter was 18 months old when this came out. I used to rock her to sleep to "Little Star." Listening to this through the Surround Master gives me a hint of what it might sound like in Atmos . . . and i want MORE!
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 7.46.31 AM.png
Madonna - Ray of Light Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

I've been a huge Madonna fan since I was a kid. Even saw her in concert! Great show. She's had many an album I would love in Atmos. My hope would be that this (possible) release would be the first of many.

For a good bit of last year I have been wondering if Madonna would release a dolby atmos mix of her classic album Ray of Light. For those who are unfamiliar with the album, it is almost as much a William Orbit album as a Madonna album, as he is core to it's sound and produced the whole record (aside from one track "Little Star"). William has recently started making new music again as well and all of his recent releases have had Dolby Atmos mixes that seemed to be core to their release (and are great aggressive mixes too). Further, an album from his old band Torch Song was recently reissued and featured re recorded tracks with Atmos mixes. This is a long way of saying that William Orbit is really into Atmos and seems to be diving head first into the format. Further, last year in an interview with Classic Pop Magazine he said "The remix by Sickick on TikTok of Frozen that Madonna embraced was exciting, because I’ve got half an eye on doing a Dolby Atmos mix of Ray Of Light".

What also makes me think that this might happen is Madonna has also recently announced last year that she is starting a Reissue campaign of her previous releases, already starting with an excellent compilation of remastered remixes . Not only that though, the 25th anniversary of Ray of Light is just about a month away on Feb 26th this year.

Everything just seems to line up for a Dolby Atmos mix of this album happening for it's 25th anniversary. While nothing is confirmed obviously I'm still hopeful as I'm sure it'd make for a great Atmos release. Here's hoping that it might happen! :)
Oh, I am so with you on this! The albums Orbit produced, are the best! I would love to get a surround mix of that and Music! Would be amazing! And how about the first Tourch Song album?

Wonder if Madonna is WOKE enough for an eventual SDE BD~A ATMOS release? Saw her twice LIVE in the 90's when she was in incredible shape executing perfect back flips on stage on her extremely brilliant VIRGIN TOUR!

Say what you want about Madonna but the gal certainly has chutzpah!

Oh, I am so with you on this! The albums Orbit produced, are the best! I would love to get a surround mix of that and Music! Would be amazing! And how about the first Tourch Song album?
His work with Madonna truly is amazing! Music would be awesome too, if only for "What it Feels Like for a Girl".
Wonder if Madonna is WOKE enough for an eventual SDE BD~A ATMOS release? Saw her twice LIVE in the 90's when she was in incredible shape executing perfect back flips on stage on her extremely brilliant VIRGIN TOUR!

Say what you want about Madonna but the gal certainly has chutzpah!
Oh my god a Ray of Light SDE blu ray would instantly become my favorite piece in my quite sizable collection of music... While it's fairly unlikely we can hope!

Welp, the 25th anniversary date came and went. Hoping William Orbit could still find a way to put out an Atmos mix of this classic album!

Well. Someone from Warner Canada said in a red carpet interview in 2007 that Madonna's albums were being remixed in 5.1, so maybe there are some surround mixes in the vault.
In the meantime, we can all enjoy the Dolby Atmos remix of The Immaculate Collection, that dropped out of nowhere last year, and set the Madonna universe buzzing like crazy. :)

I'd be in line to purchase of a 5.1/Atmos box-set of Madonna's albums so long as they don't make it crazy expensive. Ray of Light in Atmos would be absolutely amazing!!

Sort of like the Talking Heads Brick or Bjork Surrounded Box-sets.

Ray Of Light’s 25th anniversary was a few days ago (for the original release date in Japan), but is coming up in early March for the UK and US release. If there is an Atmos mix, it would make sense to make it available now to take advantage of other buzz/news surrounding the anniversary.

Back