Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

First listen

Oh My Goodness! This one sounds absolutely phenomenal through the SM v.2. And somehow, i scored an SQ Quadraphonic LP that may have been played once! Sounds pristine! The songs are top shelf and the mix is SO discrete and engaging. Somehow, i can't find a poll thread for this one. I think it deserves one. And a physical digital release – Michael J. Dutton? Highly recommended!

1675531103307.png
Janis Ian - Between The Lines
https://www.allmusic.com/album/between-the-lines-mw0000190365

Oh My Goodness! This one sounds absolutely phenomenal through the SM v.2. And somehow, i scored an SQ Quadraphonic LP that may have been played once! Sounds pristine! The songs are top shelf and the mix is SO discrete and engaging. Somehow, i can't find a poll thread for this one. I think it deserves one. And a physical digital release – Michael J. Dutton? Highly recommended!

View attachment 88204 Janis Ian - Between The Lines
https://www.allmusic.com/album/between-the-lines-mw0000190365
I've it on this CD - was it a single inventory SQ Quad? I'll try see how the CD decodes with the SM2 next week
JanisIan_BetweenTheLines_&_TOGWT_ConcertDVD_Bk.jpg

May be I should go on Discogs and buy an SQ LP...... what normally happens then, is that sometime later its released as a Quad SACD (Sony, Dutton-Vocalion or it sadly in the past on Audio Fidelity)
Then that would be a most worthy sacrificial hit in benefit for the rest of us Dunc.! :smokin:giggle:

May be I should go on Discogs and buy an SQ LP...... what normally happens then, is that sometime later its released as a Quad SACD (Sony, Dutton-Vocalion or as sadly in the past on Audio Fidelity)
I hope i have the same luck as you do; that means a HUGE windfall for all of us surround fans! I hope Dutton-Vocalion has been tracking my Quad LP purchases!! Fasten your seatbelts!!!

I hope i have the same luck as you do; that means a HUGE windfall for all of us surround fans! I hope Dutton-Vocalion has been tracking my Quad LP purchases!! Fasten your seatbelts!!!
Hope so too, Clement as Minnie Riperton's PERFECT ANGEL and Janis Ian's BETWEEN THE LINES are IMO, exceptional candidates for the D~V SACD treatment, HANDS DOWN!

Back