Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw SDE's blog saying there is supposed to be a button now on the preorder page for TYA so you can be notified when a copy is available for ordering. I don't see any button anywhere on the preorder page or anywhere else. Am I missing something? Or has it not gone live yet? The blog was dated 2-4, so isn't that old. Paul?

I saw SDE's blog saying there is supposed to be a button now on the preorder page for TYA so you can be notified when a copy is available for ordering. I don't see any button anywhere on the preorder page or anywhere else. Am I missing something? Or has it not gone live yet? The blog was dated 2-4, so isn't that old. Paul?
Ten Years After / A Space in Time limited edition SDE-exclusive blu-ray audio click the black button with the txt "Notify me if you got some more" fill in your email adress

Ten Years After / A Space in Time limited edition SDE-exclusive blu-ray audio click the black button with the txt "Notify me if you got some more" fill in your email adress

1675688218609.png

Thanks. I figured it out. There is NO such button using Firefox, which is my go-to browser & has been for many many years. I tried MS Edge and it's there.

Someone at SDE needs to get off the Chrome bandwagon and code so that other browsers work. Not everyone on the planet uses Chrome, Chromium based browsers or wants to. I hate that Chrome-based browsers have become the norm. Or maybe they used some Microsoft or Google specific control like the old days of Active X.

Either way, I'm good. And thanks to both of you, confirming that it does exist!

Thanks. I figured it out. There is NO such button using Firefox, which is my go-to browser & has been for many many years. I tried MS Edge and it's there.

Someone at SDE needs to get off the Chrome bandwagon and code so that other browsers work. Not everyone on the planet uses Chrome, Chromium based browsers or wants to. I hate that Chrome-based browsers have become the norm. Or maybe they used some Microsoft or Google specific control like the old days of Active X.

Either way, I'm good. And thanks to both of you, confirming that it does exist!
Firefox has the button to see picture

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 18.37.01.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 18.37.01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
It doesn't matter, but for the record, I have the latest version Firefox 109.0.1, I cleared the history AND cookies from yesterday but not all time, and button isn't there. Only in Edge did it show. I don't know your situation but that web page on a Win 10 PC updated with the latest cumulative updates from Jan, including .net, and does not have that button. Maybe it's a cached page from weeks ago. Who knows.

Click on attached - no button.

Maybe the PC is possessed. One of those quirks.

Attachments

• 2023-02-06_8-20-34.jpg
    2023-02-06_8-20-34.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GOS
Wrong button ;)

And thankfully I ordered my copy within hrs of it going live. I was hoping to buy another one as a gift for an audio friend who also likes surround music. All is good. The button in questions was to put yourself on a wait list in case of some became available from cancellations.

Thanks anyway!

As I said, I got the button when using Edge but it does not show using Firefox as I described in my posts. We're good, I'm on the wait list. Thanks!

At least I know some of you are reading about my issue :)

Same here. No button on Firefox. Button was there using Edge.

I feel vindicated ;)

For those mentioning that the button is present with Safari, bit of friendly news for ya - Safari, being Apple, was developed using Apple's open source browser engine - Apple WebKit. MacOS and it's variants (iOS, etc) are Unix based.

Google Chrome was developed with free open source components from Apple WebKit (!) plus some from Firefox. The commonality is WebKit. And is the main component of ChromeOS, which is also based on a Linux kernel.

Shouldn't be any surprise that both Chrome AND Safari have the button because they are rendering the web page in similar ways. Firefox has been updated many many many times since the early development of Chrome.

I saw this issue when I was working with IT on developing a software project for our company. Another division whined about not having it, so the execs (who are ignorant of IT) insisted it be rolled out to their sales force and our division had to Train them, do Troubleshooting for them, listen to issues crop up when They didn't do proper product management or price list management with the Oracle team. They had always fluffed off these chores to other divisions, and weren't used to figuring out details of their own product line. It was an eye-opener. To the point, many of their reps used Macs & Ipads while we were 100% Windows. I started hearing complaints why it wasn't working on Macs' & Safari. The programming team used IE, .Net & maybe some Active X controls before Microsoft dumped Active X to become compliant with the rest of the world with non-proprietary controls. We did find that Chrome worked OK (long before Edge was Chromium based) and told them all to download Chrome, not use Safari. Happy campers except those who refused to do what it would take for the software to work.

How web pages & components on a page are rendered can vary from browser to browser. What works on one, may not always work on another.

Hence why I said SDE's web team needs to do programming NOT JUST on Chrome based browsers. I've seen this issue before on several other sites where shopping cart controls don't work or the web page formatting is f'd up and it usually comes down to "gee, our web developer made it to work with Chrome". When a small accoustic company I have bought from with got with their developer to modify his code after I told them it didn't work in Firefox, a few days later it worked just fine with Firefox and still does to this day. Hmm, wonder why.

End of rant.

Last edited:
OT: I use Firefox because I found (in the past) that Chrome was very invasive and bleeds Google Ad-Sense. Maybe it's better now, but even though all big time browsers get way to intimate with each user, I find Firefox to be the least invasive - and yes, I've tried DuckDuckGo but came back to Firefox.

To keep this on topic - So what's the deal on the next SDE release??????

OT: I use Firefox because I found (in the past) that Chrome was very invasive and bleeds Google Ad-Sense. Maybe it's better now, but even though all big time browsers get way to intimate with each user, I find Firefox to be the least invasive - and yes, I've tried DuckDuckGo but came back to Firefox.

To keep this on topic - So what's the deal on the next SDE release??????
You can use DuckDuckGo with Firefox.

Back