DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another DTS CD Sampler.

This time The DMP Records DTS Sampler DTS CD , which contains a few tracks not available in Surround previously . I used to have the Jerry Vivino CD 513.., in Circle Surround or CS. They had a handful of CD 'S encoded in that system fwiw.

20221212_192022.jpg
20221212_191959.jpg
20221212_192009.jpg

Wow--Telarc gave just about every last surround format a go at some point, didn't they? A shame they didn't survive into the age of Atmos, but maybe Concord, their current owner, will do something with the catalog eventually.

They sure did.
Let's see they used ...Circle , ...Dolby , .....Shure , ....and Roland ,..but I wonder if they ever tried any quad matrix (such as QS or SQ ) , on their early albums ?

My apologies for pulling people down an already debated rabbit hole 😳
No worries. I just happened to remember that discussion from a year or so ago. The Concerto was indeed on So There, but I think @JonUrban was speculating that, given Elliot Scheiner's involvement, the stand-alone 5.1 DTS-CD EP might originally have been some kind of ELS 3D promo disc.

New West still has copies for sale:
https://newwestrecords.com/products/ben-folds-concerto-for-piano-cd

Back