Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demo Recording Session - All the band together now: Stereo 48:27sec. Some of the best Tull I've heard in my life. A beautiful tougher sound. (Good sound) In studio all together now chatter makes me think of the Beatles Get Back studio. A Tull fan club album if you will. Special for any group. Martin Barre is just wow, God bless Martin. This could sell as a live in studio album. Thrilling...😎
Wow, you're really doing a good job selling this release! I was always lukewarm at best on the Broadsword album; at the time it came out I thought it was a little too "modern" sounding (meaning, 80s-style synths, drums and production), so I hope that aspect is toned down at least a little in the remix... but it's all these extras you've teased that have me really anxious to get my hot little hands (and ears) on this, 6 months from now or whenever it finally comes out. You should get a commission, JohnN!

Wow, you're really doing a good job selling this release! I was always lukewarm at best on the Broadsword album; at the time it came out I thought it was a little too "modern" sounding (meaning, 80s-style synths, drums and production), so I hope that aspect is toned down at least a little in the remix... but it's all these extras you've teased that have me really anxious to get my hot little hands (and ears) on this, 6 months from now or whenever it finally comes out. You should get a commission, JohnN!
Thank you. I am sincere. Not trying to make Ian Anderson richer. I'm grateful that a forum like this has lead to this fun for me. My thanks to QQ.

6 months from now or whenever it finally comes out. Yeah, hopefully it will make it this year. 🥸 September for my birthday would be a relief to all involved.

Cheers

I looked out of my window, saw a stencil black, No jinx, no jinx, no jinx...
Oh, is there danger of yet another postponement? :(
I hope not. I knew it might handle one Curse. But Cursex2 is tough. 😇 No Step, no curse.
Hope my angels are watching me, do I hear them sing?
😁

A day in the life of tootull...🤣
Oh, is there danger of yet another postponement? :(
Stupid thoughts: ;) 4hours50min to check plus different sound modes. With other takes of album tracks, after 4 hours I'm now confused, did I hear that? Let's listen again. Repeat. Being amazed at what I hear, can't think... yes, slightly nuts right now. Listen again? Why sure. Have a drink of tea. No alcohol. What's that chatter leading into Too Many Too, what the hell's he trying to say? Repeat that. Now No Step will not leave my brain.
😂 Final thought for the day - God blessed Tull fans.

Slightly gone. Hearing songs in my sleep. Wife says Martin Barre rules. 😍

10 demo tracks! How cool is that!!! Are these band or solo demos?

Cool infos on "Inverness Sleeper"! The supposed log from the "Walk Into Light" sessions names it "8:40 From Nowhere (Inverness Sleeper)" but I see the "leaked" lyrics say "8:50". Perhaps it got re-recorded with different lyrics! Who knows, maybe we'll hear it on a "Walk Into Light" boxset... if there will ever be one!

In the meantime, I'd sure would like to see a release date for Broadsword as soon as possible! :D As you said a track-list can only add to sales!
The beautiful grower, could be on Heavy Horses Spine-tingling railway sleepers Inverness Sleeper reads 3:02. The hello Martin Barre (nice visit) Honest Girl is 6:08. Final DVD times may vary.
Cheers
😀

What about Reynard The Fox?
It's you, welcome to QQ. Do you still remember December's foggy freeze?
Ian_Anderson_and_Martin_Barre_2006.jpg
😁:)

Last edited:
Question: Since I'm seeing part of the royal family of Tull fans here I'm wondering, (5.1 & remix stereo) what's the story behind Dave Pegg and doubles chatter leading into Too Many Too? Cards? Dominoes? Pegg wins a lot?

Good to see all

Last edited:
Could it be beers?
Basically, if they don't get it right Dave Pegg will not win at doubles.

Ian Anderson (chatter) is funny throughout this set. On the live set he says maybe we can get the next one without hum feedback. One of the studio & live instrumentals is Irish, like me. 🤪
:alien: cheers

Last edited:

Jethro Tull 'Broadsword and the Beast' Tour date in Padova 1982,with Police throwing Gas Bombs inside the Palasport and beating People outside...a Great Tull concert!

🤖 Tull-bot - 4.1 live in Germany is cool.

Back