Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do I consider this new furnace a piece of audio gear? Because the furnace is in the room adjacent to my listening room and the blower on this new unit is quieter than the one it replaced. :SG

So the high price (for everything these days) was indeed worth it.

View attachment 89193
That is what I consider a huge factor in external home entertainment system noise, FAU blowers. 🌬️

Why do I consider this new furnace a piece of audio gear? Because the furnace is in the room adjacent to my listening room and the blower on this new unit is quieter than the one it replaced. :SG

So the high price (for everything these days) was indeed worth it.

View attachment 89193

When retirement was looming large we got several residential infrastructure projects done so we could coast for a while. New roof, water heater, plumbing, gutter guards, and HVAC.

Like you I am in the Bassment where the utilities are. Unlike you our new furnace, although higher efficiency, also has a much louder fan. At least twice as loud. But then we got a Lennox that does not carry the "Surround Sound Compatible" seal of approval. Good for you, but I'm jealous...

That is what I consider a huge factor in external home entertainment system noise, FAU blowers. 🌬️

Once upon a time I had a friend who was a pro commercial photographer. I should say a perfectionist pro photographer. He had a nice Proceed/Thiel system, kind of surround, & I loved listening to it. His room was five steps down from the kitchen and another 5 steps down was the furnace, etc.

If I visted him in winter it would 80 deg when I walked in and maybe 66 deg when he turned the temp up again. In summer, just the opposite. Freezing cold when I come in and sweaty hot when I left. Still, good times indeed.

I took a few guns out to the shootin range today, I was sweating my b-lls off.
I had to keep wiping the fog off my eye protection glasses.
Supposed to rain and get windy as hell up this way tomorrow. That's Florida weather for ya this time of year.

My gear tomorrow will be the same but indoors. Maybe try to get this sub worked back into the the system and see if I like it now that I got a new shielded cable for it. to stop that danged hum.

An update on my room. I decided to rearrange the seating and now the layout works much better. One great position (MLP) and four good ones (the far edges of the loveseats are still secondary, but at least don't get blasted out like they were on the rear row platform.) Note: the poorly hanging new Aerial heights are a mistake and will be redone. They are way too low and a new ceiling mount (flush) is being built. They are currently disconnected and the normal SVS Prime elevation tops at 45/135 are being used for the time being.
IMG_3443.jpg
IMG_3451.jpg
IMG_3453.jpg

Last edited:
Why such a little TV with such a large system?? ;)

It's a 65" Vizio 4K, about 4 years old.

The 75" and up models were really expensive four years ago. Now they are priced only marginally higher than what I paid for the 65" So yes, that is an upgrade for the near future.

I have to let things settle a bit (with the wife unit) after the purchase of the subs before committing to anything else.

The front of the living room, I'll attach another pic of the back after getting another one. (edit: attached now) Nothing fancy, but we love it as it has been for many years. Klipsch ChorusII fronts, Klipsch Academy center, an Hsu Vtf-3 Sub (original 2003). The back of room: Klipsch kg 2.5's rear surrounds mounted with omni-mount brackets. A Klipsch rsw-10 and Klipsch sw-311 under each end table at the couch. 65" Samsung, Oppo Udp 203 player, older yamaha rx-v 2700, old Yamaha 5cd changer. Left side is all windows, and love seat. Right side adjoins to dining and kitchen, rocker at edge of rug.

Attachments

• 05A43332.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • _MG_5487.jpg
    _MG_5487.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
"The 75" and up models were really expensive four years ago. Now they are priced only marginally higher than what I paid for the 65" So yes, that is an upgrade for the near future." We're still thinking about it too.. but not purchasing just yet either

It's a 65" Vizio 4K, about 4 years old.

The 75" and up models were really expensive four years ago. Now they are priced only marginally higher than what I paid for the 65" So yes, that is an upgrade for the near future.

I have to let things settle a bit (with the wife unit) after the purchase of the subs before committing to anything else.
A 65 incher is a decent size. Like Sal I thought it looked smaller. Maybe because it's dwarfed by the rest of the gear. Of course I mean that as a compliment.

I imagine if playing that Yello album very loud, you might cause some tectonic plate shifting...

Last edited:
Back