Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, this is kind of off topic, but hopefully of some interest to Tull fans. Decades ago I used to live in a small town in the UK called Hungerford. There is/was a farm on the outskirts called Prosperous. Jethro Tull (the person not the band) used to live there and used the seed drill he invented. Hungerford has grown in size since I was there, but I was looking on Google the other day and I noticed that one of the newer roads has been named after the famous local. So... there is a road called Jethro Tull Lane, which made me smile! Jethro Tull Lane

Do you think it's going to be announced while he's concurrently promoting Rökflöte?
The mystery set: Ian Anderson announces it without naming the title. "Official news from Warners Music - two excellent sets coming your way"
79002-BT-TB.jpg

The mystery set: Ian Anderson announces it without naming the title. "Official news from Warners Music - two excellent sets coming your way"
79002-BT-TB.jpg
I wondered about that. You seem to indicate the boxset discussed in this thread had no video, but there is a lot of video available from this period. So maybe a video set?

On the other hand, the 1982 Rockpop set was just released a year ago. Would they surplant that so soon?
I wondered about that. You seem to indicate the boxset discussed in this thread had no video, but there is a lot of video available from this period. So maybe a video set?

79002-BT-TB.jpg
Folks on SHF seem to think the "two excellent sets" mentioned are referring to the bookset and the vinyl. They are wrong?

Plus they read this forum so you will be noticed.
That being the case... thank you to “they” who may be reading.

Everything about this series has been a template that other labels/artists would do well to follow... affordable, surround material, live material, bonus tracks, well-done information book, bookset packaging that you can actually be proud to feature on a bookshelf, and Steven Wilson. I’m happy to own each one.

And in case I haven’t been totally clear prior to this... Crest of a Knave bookset, and every studio album we can get in Atmos (physical discs), please. ☺️

Last edited:
That being the case... thank you to “they” who may be reading.

Everything about this series has been a template that other labels/artists would do well to follow... affordable, surround material, live material, bonus tracks, well-done information book, bookset packaging that you can actually be proud to feature on a bookshelf, and Steven Wilson. I’m happy to own each one.

And in case I haven’t been totally clear prior to this... Crest of a Knave bookset, and everything studio album we can get in Atmos (physical discs), please. ☺️
Knave would be great atmospherically.

79002-BT-TB.jpg
I read the above as a delay, next summer meaning summer of 2024, two sets of Broadsword. The two sets would be the one digital disc book and the other a LP box set.
I would like to hope they would release the digital disc book set if that was ready, but doesn't read like that. When vinyl is ready than all will be released.
The "plenty planned before then" new album or something no one yet has guessed?

I read the above as a delay, next summer meaning summer of 2024, two sets of Broadsword. The two sets would be the one digital disc book and the other a LP box set.
I would like to hope they would release the digital disc book set if that was ready, but doesn't read like that. When vinyl is ready than all will be released.
The new album is not Warner Bros. The news release is written like it is all coming from Warner, so I am wondering too.

This is a screen from last year that I had originally posted on the Hoffman forums. The date of that post was 16th September 2022 so they were talking about this year's summer.

Link to my original post.

Back