Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vocalion stereo SACD through the SM v.2. Great Shorter composition on this one: "Port of Entry." He's stellar throughout . . . as usual!
1677791946601.png
Weather Report - Night Passage

Haven't posted in this thread for a while. Spins lately:

Saturday Night - McLaughlin, DiMeola & DeLucia SACD only bonus track
Future Shock - Herbie Hancock Japan SACD
Crosby, Stills & Nash
It's Only Rock 🪨 and Roll - Stones Japan SHM-SACD
Phoebe Snow
Ultimate Manilow HK SACD
Used to be a huge fan of Manilow as a kid. Mom had his albums. About 10 years ago I went back and put some of his music back in my library. Huge respect for his songwriting talents.

Bob Rodriguez CORRIDOR [CreOp Muse Records/hybrid Stereo SACD] An exquisite trio recording, superbly recorded....very reminiscent of ECM's output. Highly Recommended

51C1eRwRCkL.jpg

Track Listings​

1Corridor
2Prelude to a Kiss
3Inside
4Naima
5It's Not That Dark
6Liebesleid
7Within the Line
8Spring Is Here

Last edited:
Tijuana Moods - Mingus
Adiemus Songs of Sanctuary - Karl Jenkins
Hootin' & Tootin - Fred Jackson
Beethoven: Moonlight, Apassionata & Pathetique - Glenn Gould Japan SACD
Freedom Jazz Dance - Eddie Harris Japan SACD single-layer Recommended!
The Fred Jackson is good, must look for the Eddie Harris

I see the Eddie Harris is on the Venus label. Do not have any of their discs.
How are they?
It's the only one I bought. Good fidelity, great music. Been meaning to pick up Pharoah Sanders. What little I've heard from other members, they've been pleased with the sound of titles they bought. Not cheap though...

It's the only one I bought. Good fidelity, great music. Been meaning to pick up Pharoah Sanders. What little I've heard from other members, they've been pleased with the sound of titles they bought. Not cheap though...
I was able to get a few VENUS single layer SACDs through Deep Discount for under $15 but the majority of them are priced at $40 domestically [a bit cheaper @ CDJapan but those s/h fees]!!!!!!!

Acoustic Sounds shows 361 VENUS SACD titles but a majority are back ordered:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=VENUS+SACD

Back