DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't there a similar problem on Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle that was corrected on the 25th Anniversary DTS-CD? That is a few notes missing at the start?
I no longer have the original CD but should have the 25th Anniversary CD around somewhere in the racks.

Do you mean the 25th anniversary DVD ? or is it the accompanied CD .
I ask because I never listen to the CD, well almost never.

I bought Manfred Mann's Earth Band's "Watch" when it came out, my LP always had a click roughly half way through side 2, if I listen to my CD my brain adds the click in the same place!
The initial LP release from the band Hot Tuna was an acoustic performance recorded live. In one of the songs an audience member (or waiter) dropped a glass, and you can hear it shatter on the recording. Guitarist Jorma Kaukonen later reported that, whenever they played that song live, someone in the audience would inevitably drop a glass at the same point in the same song.

Well... Just to stick another spanner/wrench into works!

Is the 'yellow disc' release that includes the three missing notes encoded in 'quad' or '5.1'?

I believe that all the 70's quads are all quad , with faux center and LFE.
Just as the middle paragraph refers in the explanation of how the DTS encoding was employed.

1679423335523610376720970857164.jpg

Good question I'll find out later when I give it a spin .
Check comments on the Poll thread
-additionally, don't believe I've ever heard a version with the full harmonica in it; had to order CD-4 just because...

...harpoon; the sheng; mouth organ; Aeolina; swamp slinger; Bronson spaghettis pipe; sloppy joe; drooling fiddle

Last edited:
I wonder if we should be using the term ... quality of sound QOS ?
Don't get me wrong I notice a few people use that SQ term....out of context for a website whose very essence is Quadraphonic Systems.
I hear ya, OK it will be easy peasy for me to adjust my verbiage.
I forget how many folks here are still into the matrix forms of multich
I will "try" to remember. LOL

No ...thank-you Sal1950 😍

And if you think I was being too pedantic, which I probably was , then I apologize.

How disappointing. You won't be same "reconstructed". lol.
I don't think it's an issue but I'll go with the flow. I don't think I'll ever adapt to QOS though.
Probably because I'm listening to War right now. Mellow.

How disappointing. You won't be same "reconstructed". lol.
I don't think it's an issue but I'll go with the flow. I don't think I'll ever adapt to QOS though.
Probably because I'm listening to War right now. Mellow.

Is it the song "Beetles In The Bog" ?
Cause that really rocks in quad .

...going back to Four Corned Room.
Hey boondocks...

You didn't answer me about what type of disc you were referring to with...
Fly Like An Eagle ...from The Space Cowboy ?
Yes I had the wrong song. I meant Fly Like An Eagle.
Actually, not a surround disc at all, but my favorite Steve Miller Band Album is Steve Miller Number 5

...going back to Four Corned Room.

Yes I had the wrong song. I meant Fly Like An Eagle.
Actually, not a surround disc at all, but my favorite Steve Miller Band Album is Steve Miller Number 5

And me , I wouldn't mind a surround mix of Book Of Dreams.
Always wondered why they overlooked it for quad.

And maybe SDE can rectify that one ...or at the very least give us The Joker.

Back