Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been staying off this thread cuz I am just too excited, I am going to love all, 4.0, 5.1 and Atmos no matter what, a critical audiophile I will not be.
I am watching you complain about your order is stuck somewhere, so I thought lets see what all this is about. I went into my tracking and see that mine has been in Carson CA, south of Los Angeles, for a few days and on the way to customs, for another few days.
I figured it out, @PaulatSDE there is not enough titles released and US Customs can take there time with this random low release. Lesson learned, next Ten Years After Atmos release, at least 4000 will be needed to get THE FLOW through US Customs to go smoothly.

During a rip, how can I distinguish between the original 1971 mix and 2023 stereo mix?
I don't have this disc yet, so maybe what I'm about to say isn't helpful, but I usually start by ripping to MKV using MakeMKV and, if the versions are in different titles, usually the video portion of the MKV will have some visual identifier.

If it's all one big title with multiple soundtracks, you may just have to hope your ears can distinguish between the two.

I have been staying off this thread cuz I am just too excited, I am going to love all, 4.0, 5.1 and Atmos no matter what, a critical audiophile I will not be.
I am watching you complain about your order is stuck somewhere, so I thought lets see what all this is about. I went into my tracking and see that mine has been in Carson CA, south of Los Angeles, for a few days and on the way to customs, for another few days.
I figured it out, @PaulatSDE there is not enough titles released and US Customs can take there time with this random low release. Lesson learned, next Ten Years After Atmos release, at least 4000 will be needed to get THE FLOW through US Customs to go smoothly.
honestly the new 5.1/Atmos may not do very much or be very active mixes but they are quite Surround-y in their own right and to me they sound really great. it's not their fault Larry's old Quad is one of his adventurous placement and panning all over the shop jobs!! 😅😂 either way the new SDE Blu-ray covers all bases with mixes for everyone, it's brilliant! 😍 i just wish more people could get to hear/own it. ah well, hopefully many folk here who really wanted it managed to nab a copy for themselves 🤞💘

A lot of speculation on why the run was limited to 1,000 copies. Here's the most likely answer: Chrysalis issued a 2 CD 50th anniversary edition of ASIT in January this year that has Chris Kismey's new stereo mix and the original stereo mix. It is common in a situation like this for the label to be concerned that a competing product (in this case the blu-ray) could hurt sales of their CD edition. SDE gets a portion of the blu-ray sales, Chrysalis gets all of the CD sales revenue.
I have to admit I wasn't aware of the CD re-issue until this week, but I am glad I didn't know because I would have bought that. Now I don't need to.

I could only see this being a problem if both formats had been released at the same time, but Chrysalis has had three months head start selling the CD. Maybe Chrysalis was worried because sales of the re-issue CD had not been what they expected, but I have not seen any ads or promotions for the re-issue. Nothing in Goldmine about it and that would be a logical place for an advertisement, Chrysalis. C'mon, you have to promote your product.

I'm still waiting for my blu-ray to be delivered, but SDE says it is on the way.

A lot of speculation on why the run was limited to 1,000 copies. Here's the most likely answer: Chrysalis issued a 2 CD 50th anniversary edition of ASIT in January this year that has Chris Kismey's new stereo mix and the original stereo mix. It is common in a situation like this for the label to be concerned that a competing product (in this case the blu-ray) could hurt sales of their CD edition. SDE gets a portion of the blu-ray sales, Chrysalis gets all of the CD sales revenue.
I have to admit I wasn't aware of the CD re-issue until this week, but I am glad I didn't know because I would have bought that. Now I don't need to.

I could only see this being a problem if both formats had been released at the same time, but Chrysalis has had three months head start selling the CD. Maybe Chrysalis was worried because sales of the re-issue CD had not been what they expected, but I have not seen any ads or promotions for the re-issue. Nothing in Goldmine about it and that would be a logical place for an advertisement, Chrysalis. C'mon, you have to promote your product.

I'm still waiting for my blu-ray to be delivered, but SDE says it is on the way.
Very interesting and a good catch.
Here is the link.
https://www.amazon.com/Space-Time-5...c&sprefix=a+space+in+time+,popular,135&sr=1-2

Back