Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually haven’t heard the Bill Withers Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks before; …usually DD is too compressed for me. I think there’s a big difference between DD & DTS, especially in the low end.
That being said, I’d love to see many DTS 5.1 releases get a lossless release though:
The Wings - Band on the Run is the first one that popped in my head.

While I’m dreaming, …I also hope one day Apple Music will stream lossless TrueHD Atmos instead of those 768kbps DD+ tracks!!

…usually DD is too compressed for me. I think there’s a big difference between DD & DTS, especially in the low end.
Caravan's In The Land Of Grey & Pink is one DD-only 5.1 title that did eventually get reissued in lossless form on Blu-Ray. I still can't tell the difference between the two versions.

Caravan's In The Land Of Grey & Pink is one DD-only 5.1 title that did eventually get reissued in lossless form on Blu-Ray. I still can't tell the difference between the two versions.
You can’t tell the difference between the DD & the lossless? Is the DD that good or are you saying the BR-A is not that great?
———————————————
….also, this👇🏼would sound incredible in surround

Madonna - Ray of Light

Hopefully might actually happen because of William Orbit's (who produced and majorly contributed to the album) recent intrest into Atmos with his last few releases. Also, Ray of Light's 25th anniversary is just around the corner... :eek:

My wish list would include:-

Traffic - Mr. Fantasy
Cpt Beefheart - Strictly Personal & Clear Spot
The Who - Live At Leeds
The Temptations - 1990
Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

Last edited:
Steve Hillage - Motivation Radio

Jesus & Mary Chain - Munki

The B-52's - The B-52's

The B-52's - Wild Planet

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

Supertramp - Famous Last Words

Veruca Salt catalogue

The Morning After Girls - Alone

The Morning After Girls - Shadows Evolve

Portishead - Dummy

Ozric Tentacles - Technicians of the Sacred

The Doors - An American Prayer

How to Destroy Angels (first EP)

Harvey Danger - Where Have All The Merry Makers Gone?

Lamb - Lamb

The Breeders - Last Splash

Last edited:
Steve Hillage - Motivation Radio

Jesus & Mary Chain - Munki

The B-52's - The B-52's

The B-52's - Wild Planet

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

Supertramp - Famous Last Words

Veruca Salt catalogue

The Morning After Girls - Alone

The Morning After Girls - Shadows Evolve

Portishead - Dummy

Ozric Tentacles - Technicians of the Sacred

The Doors - An American Prayer

How to Destroy Angels (first EP)

Harvey Danger - Where Have All The Merry Makers Gone?

Lamb - Lamb

The Breeders - Last Splash
I have to second Supertramp - Breakfast in America and The Breeders - Last Splash. And flipping NICE reference to How to Destory Angels (and especially their track on that EP "Fur Lined"). That's the former singer from West Indian Girl who married Trent Reznor. Which makes me add to my list for this thread:

West Indian Girl - 4th and Wall

What an album, and totally deserving of multi-channel reworking, even if to share it with a whole community of folks that don't yet know their wholly underappreciated greatness.

Back