Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front of the living room, I'll attach another pic of the back after getting another pic. (edit: attached now) Nothing fancy, but we love it as it has been for many years. Klipsch ChorusII fronts, Klipsch Academy center, an Hsu Vtf-3 Sub (original 2003). The back of room: Klipsch kg 2.5's rear surrounds mounted with omni-mount brackets. A Klipsch rsw-10 and Klipsch sw-311 under each end table at the couch. 65" Samsung, Oppo Udp 203 player, older yamaha rx-v 2700.. Left side is all windows, and love seat. Right side adjoins to dining and kitchen, rocker at edge of rug.
Just curious, are your sofa seats really on an incline or is that an illusion? Just trying to make sense of the image.

Edit: Never mind. When I click on the image it all makes sense.

The 75" and up models were really expensive four years ago. Now they are priced only marginally higher than what I paid for the 65" So yes, that is an upgrade for the near future.
We're still thinking about it too.. but not purchasing just yet either
NP guys, I'm just pullin y'all leg.
I got a 75 and looking at 85s now that they're prices have dropped.
I just may deserve a birthday present. :p

NP guys, I'm just pullin y'all leg.
I got a 75 and looking at 85s now that they're prices have dropped.
I just may deserve a birthday present. :p
You guys are killing me. Check out my big screen....my center speaker is bigger. 😁

20230315_065007.jpg

85 isn’t big enough. 🤣
Once upon a time Marantz & Sharp were leaders in video projection as CRT projectors were being phased out. Every year they brought out a new top of the line unit. Always a lengthy review in WSR, always seemed the price hovered around $10k.

Anyway I remember a Marantz ad tag line was: "You measure your screen in inches? How Cute."

You guys are killing me. Check out my big screen....my center speaker is bigger. 😁

View attachment 89682
You should try positioning that center channel flush with the front of the cabinet. The glass top is undoubtedly reflecting audio. Probably not night and day difference, but there should be some improvement on some level.

85 isn’t big enough. 🤣
We love music! That screen is the last to worry about man. Especially if for only watching cable/sat or broadcast tv.. it's worthless these days
There's much truth to what you say. It's only the point that size matters and and big boys toys are big. LOL
My little room really won't accommodate a projector sized screen but they are very attractive options today. With things like the newest Ultra Short Throw projectors could make it an option if I had just a few feet more space to the room front. OTOH a 120" screen at about an 8' distance might be a little overwhelming. 🤪

You should try positioning that center channel flush with the front of the cabinet. The glass top is undoubtedly reflecting audio. Probably not night and day difference, but there should be some improvement on some level.

Good call....I will do that! Thing is, it's not even wired. I don't really care for a center channel. I try it every now and then, but always leave it off in the end. When I rearranged some things last, I didn't bother with it. But, when I feel like giving it a go again, I will definitely pull it flush.

The beast....I slipped her out of the LB-V quad closet tonight. QRXrestore addition!

The conundrum...how cool is that piece of history....but I've moved on to digital via Apple TV and an Anthem pre/pro. I used to have everything I owned integrated one way or another, but there's always only one system that sounds best to my ears and I ended up defaulting to it all the time.

For better or worse, it's generally not the vintage gear. The Tate might be an exception.

No matter...what an insanely cool piece.

20230328_194539.jpg

The beast....I slipped her out of the LB-V quad closet tonight. QRXrestore addition!

The conundrum...how cool is that piece of history....but I've moved on to digital via Apple TV and an Anthem pre/pro. I used to have everything I owned integrated one way or another, but there's always only one system that sounds best to my ears and I ended up defaulting to it all the time.

For better or worse, it's generally not the vintage gear. The Tate might be an exception.

No matter...what an insanely cool piece.

View attachment 90065

All the meters are just so @%$^'n cool! Do the knobs and switches have that very neat silky feel?

Do the knobs and switches have that very neat silky feel?

Funny you mention that!! I hadn't bothered with the beast for a long while...last night while I was fooling around with her....I noted to myself how smooth (I didn't think silky, but very appropriate description) things operated! Indeed.

I’m sitting here in the middle of the room so I thought you all could join me. It’s 20’ left to right and 28’ front to back. The Cerwin Vegas are thump in’!

Attachments

• 8C4AC7F4-BC46-4B85-80A3-11392BBB1C62.jpeg
    8C4AC7F4-BC46-4B85-80A3-11392BBB1C62.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • E3A4B442-ABEB-44A9-984B-36B99DE9F6C5.jpeg
    E3A4B442-ABEB-44A9-984B-36B99DE9F6C5.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 35ABCF4F-DCAD-4064-85CA-593A9A732653.jpeg
    35ABCF4F-DCAD-4064-85CA-593A9A732653.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DD0143E4-131B-44D4-AAF2-F7FAC08E1EFE.jpeg
    DD0143E4-131B-44D4-AAF2-F7FAC08E1EFE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • CE4C6897-6F28-4F22-B73C-C3023680C212.jpeg
    CE4C6897-6F28-4F22-B73C-C3023680C212.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Good evening,

Here are some shots of the main theater in my home - it had been a work in progress for many years as I am always finding ways to improve it ... I hope. The latest change was swapping the Anthem AVM-20 preamp / processor for a Marantz AV8805 preamp / processor, that actually has HDMI connections and Dolby Atmos. (The Anthem was from 2004 or so). Kal Rubinson was kind enough to sell me his preamp processor, so the last 2 weeks I have been incorporating it into the rest of my system. Sat down today for the first time to just listen...everyone else was at work or school so I was not going to bother anyone. Started with Dark Side in Atmos, then some Roxy Music, some Goat's Head Soup and then all of Talking Heads / Remain In Light. All in Atmos via Apple streaming. It was amazing how good it all sounded .... for all of us to experience this music at this fidelity is a gift of modern technology, for which I am very grateful. I am now configured for 7.1.2 so I have also joined the Atmos party.
IMG_6494.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6502.JPG
IMG_6501.JPG

Back