Steven Wilson More Hawkwind!!! (Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in March!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be crazy but I just placed an order with importcds also.

With the Who box set coming in the fall Tull Broadsword box coming plus new Dutton and SDE limited releases I need to put off retirement for these purchases...... or join @Clement with my own shopping cart living space.

for $35 in savings, reordered at ImportCDs as well and let them know why.
Importcds' price is now $86.99. shipping & tax it's 97.58. I'm hoping to cancel my previous order with them. That one I pre-ordered at $119.34
Easy-peasy cancellation for me, YMMV.
Ordered at the new price, thanks for the heads up!

We have canceled the item per your request. Please allow the refund that is issued 3-5 business days to be posted to your PayPal account.
Again, thank you for writing ImportCDs. We appreciate your business

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 11.27.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 11.59.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 12.21.38 PM.png

Reactions: SHB
A bit of disappointing news about this box - I'm told by someone involved in the project that five songs were not remixed in stereo & 5.1 by Steven Wilson due to missing multitrack tapes. For whatever reason, none of the promotional information released by the label so far mentions this.
  • "Hassan I Sabah"
  • "Forge of Vulcan"
  • "Deathtrap"
  • "Infinity"
  • "Lifeform"
To preserve the album sequence, Penteo upmixes of said songs were inserted into the running order on the 5.1 mixes and the same was done with the original stereo masters for the 2.0 mixes (unlike the recent Ultravox Rage In Eden set where the unavailable songs were completely omitted from the 2.0 mix).

A bit of disappointing news about this box - I'm told by someone involved in the project that five songs were not remixed in stereo & 5.1 by Steven Wilson due to missing multitrack tapes. For whatever reason, none of the promotional information released by the label so far mentions this.
  • "Hassan I Sabah"
  • "Forge of Vulcan"
  • "Deathtrap"
  • "Infinity"
  • "Lifeform"
To preserve the album sequence, Penteo upmixes of said songs were inserted into the running order on the 5.1 mixes and the same was done with the original stereo masters for the 2.0 mixes (unlike the recent Ultravox Rage In Eden set where the unavailable songs were completely omitted from the 2.0 mix).
Grrrrr!

• "Hassan I Sabah"
  • "Forge of Vulcan"
  • "Deathtrap"
  • "Infinity"
  • "Lifeform"
Obviously they got what they could from it all; I'll find it interesting to hear what SW does with the Penteo up-mixes.

and yes, I got in on the cheaper importCD pricing, just hope they are not doing the OPM thing and come through with the order (yes I'm a suspicious old cuss 🧐)

• "Hassan I Sabah"
  • "Forge of Vulcan"
  • "Deathtrap"
  • "Infinity"
  • "Lifeform"
If my only choice is omit or upmix, I prefer it with the upmix.

• "Hassan I Sabah"
  • "Forge of Vulcan"
  • "Deathtrap"
  • "Infinity"
  • "Lifeform"
Personally not the least bit disappointed, but appreciate the full disclosure.
These things happen, happy for what there is to be happy with, as King Crim say. 🛸

These are the first signs of Sonic Attack:
You will notice small objects, such as ornaments, oscillating

You will notice vibrations in your diaphragm
You will hear a distant hissing in your ears

You will feel dizzy
You will feel the need to vomit

There will be bleeding from orifices
There will be an ache in the pelvic region

You may be subject to fits of hysterical shouting
Or even laughter

These are all signs of Imminent Sonic Destruction...

- Michael Moorcock

img20230329_21554280.jpg

Back