Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news folks, but it is a travesty of epic proportions that SDE could only make 1000 units of this set.

(edit)

SDE simply has got to find a way to produce more copies.
I got shut out of the DVD-V issue (at any realistic price) of the quad mix (and I liked it even with front to back chans reversal). And to top it off, a Canada seller here in this forum had one for sale and stated NO US buyer on this as a payback for US being high-priced now for shipping. So I didn't ask further, and then that seller went and sold it to someone else in THE USA! I felt denied and spat upon in a way (but I did have a rip of the DTS files). So this is the payback to me for just being a good sport and having patience, being stoic about the whole thing.

So no, sometimes a collector's item remains simply that, a collector's item, and people who want it are going to have to pay up! Other times the item gets a reissue, but not often. Look at Billy Cobham "Spectrum" 4.0 on Audio Fidelity, that sucker is gone like a wild goose in winter and it ain't coming back... not unless DV can pull off a miracle. Maybe they can? But anyway, prices on that SACD are just way up in the stratosphere where it will stay. Spectrum is to fusion what A Space in Time is to classic rock. Both A-List 70s quad that must be owned beg, borrow, or steal.

So what I am saying is, people should just grab one at $79 before asking prices shoot up to $150 by next year if they really want it and be done with it.

(edit)
Asking prices are now at $100 for this disc, and edging higher by the week.

Last edited:
Finally got mine yesterday (it was stuck in Chicago customs as well), but was only able to listen to a few songs. Did a comparison of the first couple on quad, then Atmos. Liked the Atmos better.

I have to say that I wish more releases were like this with the old quad mixes, though I understand that not many are going to have old quad mixes. Regardless, it's a stellar bang-for-the-buck to have all these mixes on there.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news...jzAV2YKSvMDghLxH1HXzKT_TeVGSwfUpm2nYDOvyy-ezY
a_space_in_time_big.jpg

A Space in Time, the 1971 album from British rock band Ten Years After, is #7 in the continuing SDE Surround Series of exclusive Blu-ray Audios with Dolby Atmos Mixes.

The 1971 album is being reissued (belatedly) for its 50th anniversary. It was the group’s sixth, and best-selling album, featuring their best-known track ‘I’d Love To Change The World’, which is used regularly on film and TV (most recently in David O. Russell’s 2022 film Amsterdam). A Space in Time saw the band taking a more melodic direction from previous releases and showcased the band at their peak.

The Blu-ray Audio is only available via SDE and is packed with great content, as follows:

• New Dolby Atmos Mix
  • 5.1 Mix (DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1)
  • 1973 Quad Mix (DTS HD-Master Audio 4.0)
  • 2023 Chris Kimsey Stereo Mix (48/24)
  • Flat transfer of the Original 1971 Mix (48/24)
The Quad Mix corrects the channels which were inadvertently switched (front to back) on the 2012 DVD (which came with a vinyl LP). The brand new stereo mix is by original producer/engineer, Chris Kimsey, using transfers from the original two-inch multitrack tapes. Chris’ work on the stereo mix was the basis for the new Atmos Mix.

Here’s the now traditional reminder as to why this product is highly recommended:

• It’s the only way to enjoy the Dolby Atmos mix of the album via a physical product
  • You don’t need to sign-up to a streaming service such as Tidal or Apple Music to hear the spatial audio mix
  • The Atmos Mix on the blu-ray is not compressed due to streaming bandwidth restrictions
  • You own the product, you are not renting it from a digital service provider
  • The blu-ray audio is an excellent format for music and you don’t want to see it die off
  • Supporting SDE with these initiatives leads to similar collaborations with labels/artists and we are keen to bring your more in the near future
Be aware, there is no pre-order window – this blu-ray is limited to 1,000 units worldwide. Don’t miss out – secure your copy by pre-ordering from the SDE shop using this link or the ‘add to cart’ button below. This product is not available anywhere else and we ship worldwide (tracked service to USA is £8, for example).

A Space in Time will be released on 17 March 2023 and is a collaboration between SDE and Chrysalis Records. This item will ship with a free, collectible SDE Surround Series slipcase.
Are there any copies left??? If so, I would love to get one!!!🎶🎸🎶🥰

Played this in 2 channel tonight (Quad to come later).

Is it just me or are the vocal sibilants on this kinda harsh?
Immediately noticeable IMO, especially on the 2023 mix which is why I preferred the 1971 flat transfer.
Compared it to the Audio Fidelity which might not seem quite as “clear” but easier to listen to.
Not a dud but also not the revelation I had hoped for.

i tried to put the slipcase on it and it does not fit lol. more like collectible flat cardboard..

Back