Yes new album Mirror to the Sky with Atmos BluRay out May 2023!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to it on Spotify. Definitely an improvement from the last album, which felt to me like it suffered from them recording it separately due to COVID. If you don't rehearse songs together when you're writing them, there is nobody there to tell you to push the pace, so most of the album felt about 5-10 bpm too slow.

I think this one is a much better product as a result. A couple good songs, but not enough to make me dish out for a box set. Maybe a standalone blu ray...

I gave the Atmos version on Apple Music (in 5.1) a listen last night and enjoyed it a lot. Yes is one of my all time favorites but I haven't really been excited by anything since Magnification. Wasn't going to spend the money to get the Blu-ray but am now considering it. Would be a no brainer at the $20-25 level for a standalone release, but at least it's not some $100+ box with vinyl or discs of outakes I'd never play.

K

Wondering if getting the stereo version and upmixing is a better option
The deluxe version is just pricy

The most problems I have nowadays with Yes are the vocal lines. They don‘t catch me.
Have you heard this new album yet? Its definitely an improvement over The Quest in many ways (and I liked that one too). The vocals and melodies are better. The guitar work by Steve Howe (and the guitar sounds) is excellent on this, and worth buying for that alone (for me) :rocks

Have you heard this new album yet? Its definitely an improvement over The Quest in many ways (and I liked that one too). The vocals and melodies are better. The guitar work by Steve Howe (and the guitar sounds) is excellent on this, and worth buying for that alone (for me) :rocks
I heard the first five songs and then….stopped it. Glad you like it, but for me the journey is over. :)

I heard the first five songs and then….stopped it. Glad you like it, but for me the journey is over. :)
That's a shame :( . The songs on this album took a few listens for me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just pleased that the band has managed to make such a good album (for me) at this stage of their career. Having a great surround mix helps the music, as it always does. I thought the Yes journey was over for me in the Rabin years, where there's only 2/3 songs I really like on 90125 and Big Generator (none on the dreadful Talk), but its still going for me now (y)

I have loved Yes since I went to see them many years ago for the Tormato tour, and I believe it was early ‘79 and the it was still the classic lineup,and in the round! But this new version of the band? I’ve had a hard time liking it! Starting off with Heaven & Earth, while the Roger Dean art for the album cover is great, I can’t say the same for the music. And I’ve tried to listen several times and there’s just not the same “spark” as ike other albums,even Fly from here was far better, as was the redo with Trevor Horn, reuniting the Drama lineup!(That album was far better as well) I don’t know about this new singer, as he has the same styled voice like Jon’s, but? He’s lacking everywhere else, his stage presence is nowhere near Jon and that’s the problem, as the band is missing that,and a reunion seems like something that will never happen,but with Yes? Never say never!

If Bruce Fairburn had not died, he would have produced the next Yes album after The Ladder who know what we may have got. I recall an old interview from Jon claiming they were going to write new epics again but that may have been back near the Keys era.

Digipak version (2CD+BD-A) coming for a frendlier price (€22,99/$??) on April 5.

If this happens I may pick it up. I don't like everything on the album, but there's enough to justify multiple revisits, especially in surround. Hopefully something similar will eventually happen with The Yes Album in Atmos. Just won't buy it with vinyl.

Back