The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the Tigers provoke the same kind of drinking angst as the Lions?
Judging by the physical size of Tigers players' bellies through the years, I think that they do their own drinking:

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 4.47.58 PM.jpg

Get ready for 2026 @marpow. Super Bowl will be at Levi's Stadium
Just think, the Lions will be playing there for their third straight Lombardi trophy
Somebody rush an ambulance out to @cbmmm3 , apparently there's been a massive offseason overdose of the condensed Blue Kool-aid, you are supposed to water that stuff down, it's too potent to consume neat.

Kool-aid soup.jpeg

I'm all for trying to keep players from getting hurt, but at some point you have to acknowledge a certain amount danger inherent to the sport. At the rate they are going it will basically be flag football by 2050 (for which I most likely will be long gone).
me just thinking out loud. a power squib kick. master the art of a rocket squib that travels down to or near the goal line. its a live ball so there can be no fair catch signaled.

Ricky the future special teams coach

me just thinking out loud. a power squib kick. master the art of a rocket squib that travels down to or near the goal line. its a live ball so there can be no fair catch signaled.

Ricky the future special teams coach
Good call Ricky.
Proving, for every action, there is an equal reaction.
My guess is that the NFL's reaction to that play will be to say that if the player gets control of the ball and takes a knee, they get it on the 25 yard line as well. It will be interesting to see how that works out because the real intent is to give the kick returner an incentive not to run after receiving the kick. If every kick off is a squib kick then we are right back to where we started because the receiving player is most likely going to try to run it back.

They might as well just make it a scrimmage and start every drive from the 25, thus eliminating the kickoff altogether. It's a shame because a kickoff run all the way back from the goal line for a touchdown is the most exciting play in football.

Good call Ricky.
Proving, for every action, there is an equal reaction.
My guess is that the NFL's reaction to that play will be to say that if the player gets control of the ball and takes a knee, they get it on the 25 yard line as well. It will be interesting to see how that works out because the real intent is to give the kick returner an incentive not to run after receiving the kick. If every kick off is a squib kick then we are right back to where we started because the receiving player is most likely going to try to run it back.

squib kick it to a fat guy.

I'm all for trying to keep players from getting hurt, but at some point you have to acknowledge a certain amount danger inherent to the sport. At the rate they are going it will basically be flag football by 2050 (for which I most likely will be long gone).
Sadly, probably well before 2050... I think we could totally lose football as we know it now. With things like cte, you can only do so much to try an avoid injuries.
We've already lost a lot of what made the game great! Ya, flag football like this years past Probowl...
...Oh, & about Rodgers being hurt already. Not a surprise to me at all!
That is the thing that has changed about him. His ability to stay healthy!
But he better get at least 65% of the snaps this year 😀.. I don't care if it's like 'Weekend at Bernie's'. Just get him out there! That's all I care about!
GB wants a #1 draft pick next year from the Jets ..

Last edited:
Back